Forum Discussion

2 years ago

This "Go to Work After Regaining Passion" thing is ridiculous and impossible.

Okay, so I thought I just had to have my Sim "Regain Passion" at any point before he went to work the next day, right? Wrong. I guess I have to have him "Regain Passion" less than six hours before going to work, so he still has the positive moodlet when he goes to work. In addition to the fact that there's only a ridiculous 50-50 chance that regaining his passion will even work...He has to sleep in between the time he comes home from work and the time he goes to work again. When he wakes up, the Want to "Go to Work After Regaining Passion" is gone, and I can't Regain Passion! And if I do it before he sleeps, the moodlet will be gone by the time he goes to work!

Wants and Fears have been part of this game for a while now. This is getting impossible to deal with. I don't mind having challenges in my game, but this goes beyond "challenging" and it happens way too frequently to be any fun.

I really hope somebody is working on fixing this. Has anyone else had an issue with this fear? I'm near tears at this point.
  • I love the concept of the fears but they need to make sense! Such as, if a Sim's traits fall in line with a certain career, that they will love their job. On the other hand, if their traits don't fall on line with a career, then they will grow to hate it.

I have a sim who is a goofball and likes comedy and mischief, but will constantly get the fears of a dead end job, and passionless job, being a comedian. This makes no sense!

Also, my sims are constantly getting the break up whims when I get them into a relationship, even with their "soul mates". Wth lol. They'll want to flirt with some nobody sim that they barely know. If sims want actual relationships, then they should gravitate towards sims that they have things in common with and just the ability to explore how different sims relationships can evolve.

And if sims want to just play the field and date around, make it to where a solid foundation isn't required for those relationships.

It would be awesome if the whims, personality traits, like and dislikes, actually held some merit and mattered. Right now, they're just shallow checklists.

I'm not expecting anything extremely complex, not on the current gen at least, but come on. Seems like there is much more potential and focusing on these issues could really make this game.

83bienchen
    Seasoned Novice
    My whimoverhaul comes with a special standalone module for fears for those who would like to just tune them down and not have them be gone alltogether.
    PandoraTO
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "83bienchen;c-18303265" wrote:
    My whimoverhaul comes with a special standalone module for fears for those who would like to just tune them down and not have them be gone alltogether.

Whimoverhaul is one of my core mods that I won’t play without. I’d rather wait weeks for a mod update after a patch than play with the broken fear system or the repetitive, basic wants. I also have lumpinou’s re-roll wants cheat so that I can refresh them whenever I want. I totally forget how wants/fears work for everyone else until I see a thread like this one. Playing wants/fears without mods has to be so frustrating.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,044 PostsLatest Activity: 25 minutes ago