Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Toddlers Claim Bed Interaction

Have been playing a lot more lately since Cats & Dogs released and I noticed that toddlers don't have a claim option on beds like the children through elder do so really hoping that @SimGuruNick @SimGuruDrake and whoever can look into this and add that ability because its really difficult having triple boy toddlers and a set of girl twins and they don't sleep in the beds I want them lol
  • Yeah, I always click on a bed with a caretaker and select the "Read to sleep" option for the right kid to make sure everyone ends up in the right bed i a household with multiple Toddlers. I wish there was an option for them to claim their own beds, or for caretakers to assign a bed to a particular Toddler, though. That would make things so much better.
  • "Simstopics;d-930807" wrote:
    its really difficult having triple boy toddlers and a set of girl twins and they don't sleep in the beds I want them lol

that's realism right there!

I just wish toddlers could also do that toddler thing of getting into bed with family members, and then starfishing.

• "To7m;c-16194932" wrote:
    They don’t need the option, they’re the only age that can use those beds... they automatically just use the closest bed.

The option has never been there.

—T

Obviously I know that the option has never been there hence the post on WHY I'd like to have the option because "they're the only age that can use those beds" isn't justifiable on not adding the claim option especially when your family has multiple toddlers. And FYI they don't use the closet bed automatically. I had a toddler in her room and she went all the way downstairs to one of her brothers beds to sleep while standing right next to hers. This is for people who want it, not for someone who thinks they're going to be a smart aleck on my post. Got it? Good.
  • I'd actually would like this too. Very often it seems, players have multiples (randomly or not lol). So no different from their older stages, toddlers also go within the wrong bed assigned to them. So I see no harm in a tiny feature like this. But i'm usually all for choices anyway I suppose. I'd be game for a mod for it too honestly.
  • It would be nice to have, since I usually just click on their energy bar to get them to go to sleep. So it would be nice if they automatically chose their bed instead of the floor or couch. :) It'd also be nice if there was an option to get sims to sleep while your actively playing a sim on another lot. That way when the sim returns, sims won't be walking around at 2 in the morning.
  • I would really like to have this option because most of my families have multiple toddlers and it's annoying to make sure they are in the right beds.

• If I put my Toddler in a certain tot bed say a couple of times, The toddler will go to that bed to sleep.
    What happens is the parent us the player may get it mixed up. And put them in the wrong bed.

Even if the parents did claim a bed, and they like go on vacation or sleep on any bed not their claimed bed, Now that parent no longer, for the most part, do not know their bed. and will chose a bench outside to sleep.
    But the toddler will move to the next tot bed.

So even if they made this interaction possible for the toddler, we the player will keep making the mistake, which will cancel out the chosen bed. Also, do we want our Toddler to take themselves to bed every night,? No, that's not being a loving parent. so yes mistakes will happen and you start over again. Toddlers are considered helpless babies in Sims 4, and at bedtime need a caregiver, for the happiness of the toddler.

So yes they can add it if they wish for parents that do not like to put their toddlers to bed or sleep by reading to them and tucking them in. But soon as we make a mistake, the problem resurfaces.

I would rather see them fix a true problem.
  • "Stormsview;c-16196523" wrote:

If I put my Toddler in a certain tot bed say a couple of times, The toddler will go to that bed to sleep.
    What happens is the parent us the player may get it mixed up. And put them in the wrong bed.

Even if the parents did claim a bed, and they like go on vacation or sleep on any bed not their claimed bed, Now that parent no longer, for the most part, do not know their bed. and will chose a bench outside to sleep.
    But the toddler will move to the next tot bed.

So even if they made this interaction possible for the toddler, we the player will keep making the mistake, which will cancel out the chosen bed. Also, do we want our Toddler to take themselves to bed every night,? No, that's not being a loving parent. so yes mistakes will happen and you start over again. Toddlers are considered helpless babies in Sims 4, and at bedtime need a caregiver, for the happiness of the toddler.

So yes they can add it if they wish for parents that do not like to put their toddlers to bed or sleep by reading to them and tucking them in. But soon as we make a mistake, the problem resurfaces.

I would rather see them fix a true problem.

I'm glad that for you the toddler will supposedly keep using whatever bed you have previously told them to sleep in but clearly for a lot of us it doesn't work that way. And this isn't real life ;) I don't know how big your families are that you play with. Maybe the parents and one kid but for me and several other simmers, we have big families of 10+ sims and maybe out of that 10, 3 of them could be toddlers. We don't have enough time for them to work, their needs being maintained AND reading a toddler (3 at that) to sleep every night so yes a claim bed option for toddlers would be extremely useful. I have no problem to keep making sims reclaim a bed after they sleep on vacation or whatever. I have my homes setup its not hard to remember whose room is whose. My point is toddlers should have a claim bed option just like every other sim.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,028 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago