Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Turn off all hair growth?

Is there an option for this? I know I can do it for individual sims but my townies and npcs and even my own rotational sims are getting hairy. Townie girls with leg and arm hair as well as randomized back and chest hair. Guys with beards that grew out because I can't tell them to shave...or can I tell them to shave?

• @wahini2024 The thing with piercings and other accessories is exactly what popped into my head when I saw the body on every sim. I guess for now all sims we don't recognize must be presumed hairy until proven otherwise. So far I've been lucky and caught all of them in CAS, not on the beach.
  • "wahini2024;c-18170946" wrote:
    "Llandros2012;c-18170944" wrote:
    I can’t even get my one playable sim to grow any hair at all - I’ve checked and double checked that the boxes are ticked - I selected hair that came with HSY only - tried with mods and without - nothing seems to trigger it for me

Well we have a very opposite problem but still an issue. It's weird seeing every pre made with an absurd amount of facial hair and Sulani Beach... it's hairy, very very hairy

I sympathize with the immersion killing weirdness but your post made me think "ooo take me to Sulani!" ?
  • "cornflake88;c-18170951" wrote:
    I only have facial hair checked for growth. All body hair is unchecked. The father and teen son shave every couple days.
    I found it quite time consuming full body shaving every couple days.

How are you preventing hair growth on sims you don't play as? I toggle it off for my sims but my townies and npcs are spawning in, especially the women, with hairy backs, legs and arms. The men are all beginning to have unruly beards.
  • "Netzspannung;c-18170977" wrote:
    "wahini2024;c-18170973" wrote:

I just started a new save for a one Sim challenge that I didn't want to do in my rotational saves and this save has issues such as losing progress by a few sim days after saving. When I reopen it, the game didn't save at the save point but one in the past. And it has a hair growth issue. I use the gallery to evict sims into npc world so my townies are half gallery and half spawns but regardless my pre mades, gallery and spawned townies are growing hair. The more my Sim interacts with them the worse it gets. Diego Lobo is near full beard now and I've not played as him only interacted with him (for example) so I have no idea

Interesting. Now I wonder whether the issue could be with new saves? All of my saves are at least 6 months old (most several years old). Or does this happen in your older saves as well?

In my older saves I didn't notice this at all. Only my played sims had occasional hair growth if enabled. No npc's grew hair in those loads that I noticed regardless of interaction
  • "Netzspannung;c-18170977" wrote:
    "wahini2024;c-18170973" wrote:

I just started a new save for a one Sim challenge that I didn't want to do in my rotational saves and this save has issues such as losing progress by a few sim days after saving. When I reopen it, the game didn't save at the save point but one in the past. And it has a hair growth issue. I use the gallery to evict sims into npc world so my townies are half gallery and half spawns but regardless my pre mades, gallery and spawned townies are growing hair. The more my Sim interacts with them the worse it gets. Diego Lobo is near full beard now and I've not played as him only interacted with him (for example) so I have no idea

Interesting. Now I wonder whether the issue could be with new saves? All of my saves are at least 6 months old (most several years old). Or does this happen in your older saves as well?

It's probably a new save issue. Like you all of my saves were underway before HSY and none of those sims has any hair growth. I noticed the other night when I went into CAS to create some new sims, none of the older CAS premades spawned with body hair. If I started clicking the randomize button those sims would often have at least one form of body hair but growth was never active.