Forum Discussion

VenusARussell
New Spectator
6 years ago

Turned Mermaids Can Tan. Can Aliens Tan?

In my house hold I had my sim marry a merman I created in CAS and he cannot sunbathe. My sim, his wife, was human and turned into a mermaid by eating the mermadic kelp from aspiration rewards. She still has her normal skintone though. My guess is that since I gave him one of the new mermaid skintones he cannot tan. She still has her original skintone and she can tan. So it is certain skintones that don't tan rather than wether one is a mermaid or not??

Has anyone tried to see if aliens can tan?
  • I've already checked, my alien can't tan. I tested both in and out of her disguise.
  • "nerdfashion;c-17160833" wrote:
    The real question should be "Can Vampires Tan?"

Charcoal color is very tanned. :D
    pearlbh
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Mermaids should be able to tan in the ocean. What I've found though is that the option to use sun protection doesn't always come up. But any Sim with a blue/green/grey skin tone can't tan. Even if a Sim gets a chill and turns blue, during that time if you try to have them sunbathe, you'll get the message that Sims with that skintone can't sunbathe.
    leo3487
    Seasoned Newcomer
    only human "normal" tones can tan
    No blue, pink, red, etc no seen in real humans
  • Can an alien in disguise tan?
    I fully get why an alien without disguise can't, after all they might not even have changeable pigments in their bodies (what me sci-fi nerd?).
  • "nerdfashion;c-17160833" wrote:
    The real question should be "Can Vampires Tan?"

Haha, yes, I was thinking of the exact same thing when I saw the OP. But, as someone above said, only "normal" skintones cat tan. At least I believe so.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,028 PostsLatest Activity: 2 minutes ago