Forum Discussion

ayyitsmell
New Spectator
3 years ago

Unplayed Sims Having Babies?

Hello! I have a question about unplayed sims, not sure if there is already a discussion for this. I noticed that families I have never played with are all of a sudden having babies. Like my Bailey-Moon family has 2 new kids and a third one on the way. I have my neighborhood stories on but I never received a call from them asking if they should try for baby or anything. This also happened to another family who now has a new baby. Am I missing something? Is this a new thing?
  • I turned off NS for a time, but then I missed reading what was going on, so I got it turned back on. You're all quite correct, sometimes enough is too much.
  • This is getting ridiculous. I have the Stories off and still there are unplayed households that end up having 3-4 babies. Every time I have to log in the household, age up the babies, then enter CAS and delete them.

That NS idea is plain stupid. I don’t want it in my game. And even when it’s off there are still adoptions, marriages and so on taking place. It’s ruining my save.

• Hi @PaulGR Have you checked all of the following places:
    Main Menu > Gameplay Options > Neighborhood Stories > on/off switch (you might have to scroll down to find Neighborhood Stories)
    Manage Worlds > Household Manager > My Households > Neighborhood Stories in top right corner > turn all the options off
    Manage Worlds > Household Manager > Other Households > Neighborhood Stories in top right corner > turn all the options off

Have you been talking to any sims about expanding the family?
    Have you answered Yes to any phone calls from other sims about trying for a baby?
  • "cyncie;c-18186146" wrote:
    "PaulGR;c-18186105" wrote:
    This is getting ridiculous. I have the Stories off and still there are unplayed households that end up having 3-4 babies. Every time I have to log in the household, age up the babies, then enter CAS and delete them.

That NS idea is plain stupid. I don’t want it in my game. And even when it’s off there are still adoptions, marriages and so on taking place. It’s ruining my save.

Hiya. Neighborhood Stories is off by default for households in your “My Households” tab, but on by default in the “Other Households” tab. If you haven’t turned it off in Other Households, your townies will still be influenced by it. It is also customizable for every household in both tabs, so you can control what you want it to do. Or, as @mightysprite has said, go to Gameplay options and turn it off for the whole game, if you don’t want it at all.

But, you’re indicating that you have unwanted marriages in your game. As far as I know, Neighborhood Stories doesn’t do autonomous marriages. If you have MCCC, you might want to check those settings, because it does marry sims off in the background.

I have turned it off for the whole game under Main Menu > Game Options > Disable NS (it has a small text letting you know you disable them entirely).

There are no marriages, it was my mistake. I meant pregnancies.

• Ok, sounds like you disabled it properly then.

One more thing to try that seems to help with NS problems: Click on mailbox to cycle through all the outstanding notifications (might take a bunch of clicks but you only have to do this once, we hope) until you get the "Nothing new has happened recently" message. Then set your desired NS settings, save game, exit and re-enter game.

If that doesn't help then there is a thread here about a persistent bug which does seem to happen to some people, unfortunately, but you could leave a Me Too and/or share your info.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-disable-Neighbourhood-Stories/m-p/11365891
  • What I'm seeing in my game is how many Teen girls are preggars on campus. Molly Prescott was one of them. :open_mouth: Guess we know what she was sneaking out of her mother's house to do …
  • "GalacticGal;c-18186265" wrote:
    What I'm seeing in my game is how many Teen girls are preggars on campus. Molly Prescott was one of them. :open_mouth: Guess we know what she was sneaking out of her mother's house to do …

Teens can get pregnant? Or is that from a mod?
  • I have mccc and neighborhood stories turned on. So my population count is never boring. ? I do have to adjust houses a lot from time to time if my sims is friends with them and i notice a family of a 8 lives in a house with a bed of 1. Literally just happened. My sims husbands family had a huge family and lived in like the tiny small house in sulani! ?
  • "Chicklet453681;c-18186362" wrote:
    "GalacticGal;c-18186265" wrote:
    What I'm seeing in my game is how many Teen girls are preggars on campus. Molly Prescott was one of them. :open_mouth: Guess we know what she was sneaking out of her mother's house to do …

Teens can get pregnant? Or is that from a mod?

Could be. But I didn't think it would attach itself to NPC households. :open_mouth:
  • It's a good concept, otherwise unplayed families simply become extinct. And seeing as I populate most houses myself with families or at least a couple (because the game does not even if you tell it to do so) I would find that a shame.