Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Updates We Don't Need, But Would Be Useful..

Hey! With all of the talk regarding upcoming updates and packs, I felt now would be a good time to post my list.
These are things that I've came up with (or expanded on from other ideas) over a length of time that I think would be incredibly useful..
Do you agree with them? If not, why so? What would you add?
If you want to check out my other idea, click here :smile:

{Family walks} When you choose to go on a walk/jog, I think it's time that we could select any additional household members that we'd like to walk with us. If you have pets, you could also select multiple pets to walk at once instead of just one at a time.

{Strollers} To add on with the family walks, this would be a great time to introduce strollers. This way, our babies/toddlers could join the family on the walk.

{Co-Sleeping with Toddlers} It'd add a bit of realism if your toddler woke up throughout the night and couldn't fall back asleep and/or was scared. So a nice addition would be if they could "ask to sleep" in bed with their caregiver. The toddlers would get a great night sleep from the better bed and get a positive moodlet from being close to their caregiver. While on the other hand, it could cause a negative moodlet for the adult from a rough sleep due to allowing the toddler to sleep with them - or if your adult has a family/parent aspiration it could cause a positive moodlet.

{Elder Problems, Traits and Moodlets} For example, maybe your Sim is having a decrease in vision due to old age, so they need to start wearing glasses. And outfits without their glasses could cause a negative moodlet of a headache or poor vision due to being without them. Or maybe they didn't exercise and eat well enough as an Adult, this could cause them to not be able to go on walks or exercise an elder and even shorten their life.

{Teen Opportunities} I'd love to see more teen events such as studying for your driver's licenses, prom, sneaking out, the chance to be suspended from school (for the defiance or goofball trait, skipping/leaving school early, or having a below C grade level). I also liked the acne breakouts from the previous Sims. I know they currently offer the moodlet of a breakout, but I liked how in the older games your Sim's physical appearance reflected to show it and you had to "apply acne cream" in the mirror.

{Memories} I know it's been talked about a lot and honestly, I think we've waited long enough - it's time for memories make their comeback and even expanded into causing future consequences. For example, maybe your Sim was cheated on or got a divorce - this could cause them to build future romantic relationships much slower due to not wanting to trust easily.

{Over the Stove Microwaves} I think they missed a great opportunity with this one when they released Tiny Living. Over the counter/stove microwaves are a great space saver and I think they would have made an awesome addition to the pack.

{New CAS Traits and Aspirations} Though we've been given the opportunity to earn additional traits throughout their lives, I think it's time we get additional choices in the CAS/while growing up for the set traits, as well as new aspirations. It seems like we've been rotating through the same ones forever and I'd love to see some new options. Maybe with new new traits and aspirations these could play apart of bringing back memories as well and intertwine them with some of the consequences that I mentioned.

{Styled Looks} This wouldn't change much to the game play, but I personally love the "styled looks" in CAS. I would love if we saw some more updates in that section when updates are made to the game and not just with a new pack.

So that's it! What are your thoughts? What would you add if you could?
  • I definitely can agree on the idea of strollers. Toddlers are basically on house arrest right now. Would be nice to see them in the worlds with parents or guardians.

Not sure about sleeping with a toddler, but I can see how it can be appealing to some players.

On the topic of toddlers, I wish they had better reactions to weather. For example, a vampire toddler could get angry, sad or outright refuse to walk under the sunlight and be happy during nighttime and maybe even could active try to leave the house during the night (not too far from home). Mermaid toddlers could enjoy rain. All toddlers could have a better reaction to thunderstorm (How about running in blind panic?)

Elders definitely need more love. Right now, they're meh at best.