Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Vampire Lifespan Etc

Hi all! This is my first forum post in a long, LONG time, so hope this is in the right category: I had a question about vampire lifespans?

I created a household with 3 YA vampires and 1 adult: my lifespan is set on normal. I've looked up that vampires lifespan is supposed to be 100 days on each life stage, but my YA's all have 35 days till adult (and the bar is at the very start) and my Adult has 59 days to elder.

Is this a glitch or am I wrong about something or have I been misinformed or what? :') 35 days just doesn't seem too long and I expected it to be more like 100. Thanks so much to anyone who can answer :smile:

PS)... also... just got the vampire expansion so any tips and tricks would be awesome, if you have any :blush:
  • vampires don't have lifespans though... they don't age after teen unless you do it manually.
    are you sure what you're reading is not days lived instead of days till age up?
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    Are you sure you didn't look at The Sims 3 information?
    In The Sims 4, vampires who are young adults and older won't age. Their aging freezes until they are cured. Teen and younger vampires age, but their lifespan won't be longer.
    If you hower over vampire's aging bar, it shows same information as elder's aging bar does: How many days has your sim lived not how many days are left.
  • The other two posters are correct. You probably confused TS3 vampires with TS4. That being said there are mods that allow vampires to age and I have one that doubles their lifespan compared to their counterparts. So it's possible to do that with TS4, but you'll need mods to do it.
  • I had a questions regarding lifespan. I have a Vampire Sim who has lived for 197 days but fir some reason, the game no linger extends the days lived bar information, no matter how many days pass, it’s stuck at 197. So the aspirations for vampire are stuck. How can i fix it? Moving to a new house did not make the days lived reset or start over. I also tried to have the vampire drink deeply to see if that would reset the aspiration, but it did not.