Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
6 years ago

Venues for concert or theater?

I love watching youtube vids showing the studio sets that came with Get Famous. I don't have the pack yet, but might get tempted. Right now I have too many creative projects going, so I'll not allow for any tech changes in my game.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-B0uRZgiDpf8/W_lJS2NJkVI/AAAAAAAAMGg/Un1y9sEXddMfXZHLi5K7f4fG753BdKtLACLcBGAs/s1600/ep2-teaser.jpg

What I never saw, is a public venue for showing acts or giving concerts for an audience. Being a huge venue or a small scale stage, is not so important, as long as you get to perform live. I think that would be fun, probably because I'm acting a bit in RL.

If live performances is not a feature, could we benefit from the studio set objects to create our own public shows? It's pretty easy to build a stage, but would it attract an audience at all?

Would love to learn more about this! Did you build a venue, and do your famous sims give some sort of shows or concerts there?

Picture is a venue I built in my old Simmerville Studio. Virtuoso Toby Twoller is preparing for tonight's concert, that will be featured in ep 2 of my running series "As Sims Go By".
  • I don't think there's any official way. There are random "Talent Showcase" events that pop up, where you can go to a lounge and the sims will perform, and some of the sims will try to watch them.. but it's far from perfect and you don't get to choose the venue.

Clubs are a decent way to pull something like that off until they implement a proper venue for it. If you've got a couple clubs set up to meet at the venue and set "watch live performances" as one of the club activities, it might work decently that everytime you visit, the club will show up there ready to watch any performances. I don't know if they'd sit down while they watch, though.
  • If you're looking for theatre-type venues, I've just made the SAFTA theatre and the Old SAFTA theatre as replacements for the PBP lounge in GF, if that's any help.
  • I don’t have Get Famous yet, so I can’t answer your question. I just wanted to say that looks like an amazing venue in your pic. Would love to have something like this in TS4, too.
  • Oh, now you've done it. You made me curious. I have yet to fully explore the build/buy mode of GF. I've been more focused on game-play, since I have awaited this for so very long. I did build a venue, long before this EP was even announced trying to create a singer career on my own, with the use of a couple of mods I've since deleted. So, I have a Karaoke bar. I had downloaded a great open concert park, but I have to find it in My Library, although I could swear I had already placed it in this game save … Oh, well. Like I said, you've now tempted me. LOL
  • "QueenofMyshuno;c-16847394" wrote:
    I don’t have Get Famous yet, so I can’t answer your question. I just wanted to say that looks like an amazing venue in your pic. Would love to have something like this in TS4, too.

Thanks @QueenofMyshuno . Just wait till you see it packed with audience :) Took me hours to record, and I'm not happy with the result, but still too cool not to be used. Btw, this actual build is in my studio, but I will definitely build a real venue quite soon. With a few extra rooms it can serve so many different events.
  • "GalacticGal;c-16847465" wrote:
    Oh, now you've done it. You made me curious. I have yet to fully explore the build/buy mode of GF. I've been more focused on game-play, since I have awaited this for so very long. I did build a venue, long before this EP was even announced trying to create a singer career on my own, with the use of a couple of mods I've since deleted. So, I have a Karaoke bar. I had downloaded a great open concert park, but I have to find it in My Library, although I could swear I had already placed it in this game save … Oh, well. Like I said, you've now tempted me. LOL

Haha, I just got the feeling that I made someone happy today :) You really should have a venue in your save. Only wish there were objects to drag visitors, too. Might look less empty with round tables facing stage, instead of all those chairs lined up. Combined with a café it might get crowded enough to tempt a musician or comedian to pull off a show :)
  • Okay, hoping a venue feature can be added later on, then. I'd love to have a functional concert in my game. Back in TS2 sims could be directed to applaud, in TS4 I don't think there is any clapping action at all (unless that came with GF).
  • Now dont get me wrong, the idea of a functional concert is a GREAT idea and I wish this was implemented for GF. But, I dont want it in my game unless the audience is actually SITTING instead of crowding around the performing sim and invading their personal space! I dont know about your sims, but mine never want to sit for weddings, (by the time they do sit the newlyweds are already done saying their vows) neither do they sit for the Accolades or Open Mic night. I think concerts are great, but the audience needs to sit and watch, not bumrush the stage!
  • there's a 20 sim limit per lot so I doubt you'd have much of an audience. Especially sims sims get sidetracked and go tot he bar, or randomly talk with each other.
  • If you want to have an audience make a group and set the preferred activity to be Watch Performance. Then if you want more sims make more than one group with that trait. Then make their preferred venue the venue you want to be your performance venue. This is how I handle having an audience. Kinda tedious butttt I guess groups liking performances and going to them all is like Sims who like going to the gym with their group or club. They will sit in the chairs too and watch. That is the only way I have been able to get sims to sit and watch.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,027 PostsLatest Activity: 3 hours ago