Forum Discussion

Superstara140
Seasoned Novice
2 years ago

We need color wheel for CAS in The Sims 4 please!

So ridiculously absurd how horses, werewolves, cats and dogs have the color wheel options in Create a Sim but Sims themselves have way less customization options in this game. Once Life By You is released, Maxis will 100% need to step up their game with The Sims 4 and game updates. There is absolutely zero excuse for no color wheel for skin, hair, lipstick and eye colors in this game. Praying that we will get these options after years of bare minimum or a little above that of content and updates. I do not understand if some players feel like just because they don't want certain features in this game that everyone else don't want them either, I hope this is not true. And if some players do not play with big households, does that mean Maxis should not allow bigger than 8 Sims households for everyone else too? I also sometimes have seen how some complaints about certain pack features has changed major game tuning for literally every player, but sometimes they have fortunately added those back, like the alien male pregnancy thing (?). But yes, I still have this strong opinion that The Sims 4 CAS needs a color wheel for hair, skin (they should keep all the existing skin options in addition to that though) and eyes. I can barely create my own Simself in this game because my eye color does not exist in-game, it is rather blue but grey/white/pale too, and I cannot find the perfect color for my eyes if I want to create my Simself in-game. I hope some will agree with me about this. I am not asking for a full color wheel for clothing and build mode, however, there seems to be no barrier for adding more color options for this game. I wish you guys will finally start listening to longtime players of this game and not just cater TS4 for brand new players, as an Autistic person with OCD I am a perfectionist and currently it is impossible to pick specific color tones for hair, eyes etc. Please fix this when possible, thank you. :disappointed: <3
  • I totally agree that the color wheel needs to be brought back! the clothing choices are so limited because of it.
  • I know this has gone inactive for a month but I don't care: a color wheel would undoubtedly be a great addition for Sims 4, but my main concern is that adding a color wheel now could be incredibly disruptive for players with tons of CC (like me). This wouldn't have been the case had they added it before the game was released. Most CC needing to be updated is one thing, but my primary concern is that outdated CC might potentially not work at all - not even as-was. They've been testing more precise hair customization with Rene, but time will tell.
    LaunchSneezes
    Seasoned Veteran
    I'm not quite sure what the color wheel would be for, but the thought concerns me because my hands are super shaky due to certain medication - I hope it's the medication. :# I would really struggle. In games like Disney Dreamlight Valley, for instance, trying to place the thing on top of the well icon on the map so I can teleport there takes me about a million years because my hands shake so much that I keep going everywhere except for where I want / need to go. Anything in any game that requires some sort of steady hand, it's impossible. I know there are other illnesses and medications that cause this sort of thing for many people, particularly people like me who are at home a lot / can't work, so may play more video games than some!, so hopefully if there is a color wheel added at some point, it will be optional.
    SEREFRAS
    Seasoned Hotshot
    The Color Wheel that’s still not in CAS for hair/outfits & not in for build mode objects in Sims 4 is just one of the reasons why I still go back to playing my old Sims 3 from time to time.