Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
4 years ago

Well, That's Another Fine Mess You've Gotten Me Into!

I have copies of my Sims in My Library. When I need to restart my family, I grab a copy. Seems simple, right? I have even gone so far as to save them again via cas.fulleditmode after they have skills and jobs. I thought I had done that. However, my one Sim, the Dad, has the Single and Loving It lifestyle in progress. And I'm thinking, say, what? He's got a wife and five kids. But, when I checked the panels, nowhere did it say he was a spouse. :open_mouth: I use the MCCC mod and thought to myself, there must be a way to 'fix' this little goof. Obviously, I forgot to set their relationship while in CAS. Face/palm. Taking them back in will give them the just married moodlet. Yeah. You're oldest child is closing in on eighteen years old and now you decide it's time to get married? :/ Better late than never, right? (Except it's better never late.) Oh, well. He's off to work, so I can't fix him, so I click on Louise and change their relationship to make him her husband. I get an interesting pop-up saying that Joseph is no longer collecting alimony, as he just got remarried. So, do I present the scenario that they were married, had their children, divorced, but for the sake of the children continued to live together? And then decided that's working out so well, they would tie the knot again? I hate when I make these really unforgivably, silly amateur mistakes. Ugh!

What to do about me? I promise, I did pass the cognitive test. ;p

So, please take this time to confess your moments of goofiness in which you failed to do what you knew you should do in the game, but for that rare brain-fart you somehow forgot.

Please, don't leave me hanging out on this steadily bowing limb. Share. It's okay, no judgment. It can happen to anybody. ;)