Forum Discussion

PhilxSims
Seasoned Traveler
3 years ago

Werewolf Babies

My two werewolf sims just had a baby, they're both fair skinned, the baby is dark skinned (and stayed dark skinned when I aged him up). Anyone else have this issue?
    afai1261
    New Spectator
    "MaggieMarley;c-18144528" wrote:
    "PhilSims;c-18144525" wrote:
    Both.

That would be why, then. Although it is possible for teenage sims to have babies with mods, the genetics system does not work for teens. If one or both parents is a teenager, the baby will not inherit genetics from either parent. It will essentially be a randomly generated townie.

The genetics system actually does work for teen parents, but only when both teens are human sims. It doesn't work when either or both are occult sims of any type
  • Its a known issue for all sims. Once the kid is aged up it should have the skintones of the parents (usually, sometimes toddlers have skintone glitches, but I think that's just the genetic system surprise mechanic at play).
    Moridhus
    New Spectator
    Interesting! I have been thinking that genetics are less realistic than they used to be. Maybe it's because I started using mods.

I've had a few cases where children don't look like either parent. My daughter and I laugh at that as another strange sim thing. It never occured to me that the combination of mods and teens could have something to do with it.

I think the most notable I had was a pair of dark-skinned twins born to a very light-skinned vampire with a blue-skinned caster. I suppose the caster might have been a teen at the time. I don't remember. It was interesting though because even though the twins don't look like either parent, they look a lot like each other.