Forum Discussion

7 years ago

What is black? What is white?

I have this personal running joke where I say, "maxis doesn't know what black is," or, "maxis doesn't know what white is." it's because everything that's "black" or "white" is... well, not black or white. they are dark grey and light grey with bluish undertones... so like dark slate and light slate. the whites look as though you washed them in a load full of dark clothing, and the blacks look like their color has faded because of sun exposure. I found it very frustrating when I saw it, and I still do just because I don't feel like recoloring every single item in the game to make actual white and black. I HAVE recolored some, and other people have recolored some as well, but I mean... we shouldn't have to, you know? It's the same with hair. I will show examples:

https://i.imgur.com/bEDh3Ed.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/wqtv0bq.png

Those are recolors I already had/did. I mean, I'm not saying replace the colors, just ADD real black and white. It would make things like wedding dresses and leather jackets look much more pretty.
  • "LadyKyn;c-16358836" wrote:
    "phoebebebe13;c-16358832" wrote:

With your new 1050 card , once you get the game installed , you will see a difference. My eyes are not that great. When I come in here on my tablet the pics do have less detail than when I am on my gaming computer in 1080p. When people were posting the grass pics for pets, my tablet saw the grass as a psychedelic mess. The grass was blinding and could cause issues to people who have eye problems or get headaches. When I saw the grass in 1080p, it blended much better. I reported that to EA hoping they would fix the grass because not everyone is playing in a higher resolution.

Oh I meant more along the lines of her picture than ingame. I see textures just fine in my game and probably even more once I get everything downloaded like you said ☺ (4 hrs to go ahhhhhh ). Actually played with ultra settings even on my last laptop, but looking forward to how it'll look on this one.

Oh I hope so, my eyes were all over the place with the grass and it felt like I was getting these odd 3d effects to it with how it looked in pets.

I know. I hate clean installing. It takes forever even if you have faster internet! I'm sure you will see the highlights more on your new laptop since it can run the game at a higher resolution than you were running before. .

The grass is horrible. It blends and looks much better at higher resolutions. All those white vs green lines in the grass should not be there. When anyone is is designing for this game or making recolors they should check to see what it looks like at different resolutions and try to make it work as best they can for different resolutions

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,039 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago