Forum Discussion

3 years ago

What is my sim doing?

My sim Chris was patroling as part of the detective career, when he met Jin, a co-worker's (and neighbor's) son, who was apparently on his way back from a scouts meeting. Chris started talking to him for the “Chat with residents” task.

Suddenly Jin did this:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/c7e76fb3279fda7e023d1503d9ecf32f/a45ab68f1a4322f9-d6/s540x810/b028bcfb537a136808a8f5ed5f9ca502de926845.png

https://abload.de/img/03.02.22_16-44-2155kr6.png

The document Jin is holding looks like a citation from the detective career, but sims normally accept them angrily, put them away with a wide arm movement and then walk away enraged. They also to do not scratch their chin while reading it, like Jin is doing in the screenshot. Jin pulled the paper out of his pocket, carefully studied it, then put it away quietly and continued to chat with Chris. So it must be a different interaction (and most likely one for teens and older, because Jin stretched while doing it)?

Ideas?

• aww, he's a good boy scout, he doesn't understand why an officer gave him a ticket. Can't think of how a kid could get a ticket. Maybe he was selling boy scout cookies and threw an empty carton on the ground and got cited for littering
    LadyGray01
    Seasoned Vanguard
    I haven't had a scout yet, and my detective Sim never did anything autonomously, so I don't have a clue. Maybe it's supposed to be a checklist for patches he wants?
  • Perhaps the scout is an junior evil mastermind and has just added your detecttive to his hit list?
  • @Elliandre
    Oh, with that particular kid I can imagine a whole lot of reasons for the citation! He once tried to nick one of the plants in Strangerville lab and is a bit of a junior mad scientist. That's why he is in the scouts in the first place, to learn discipline.

@lisamwitt
    That's the strange thing, my detective didn't do anything, they were just talking normally. The camera was on Chris all the time, I'd have seen had he autonomously dished out a citation.
    (If it's a list of patches, Jin really seems to like the most recent delivery express - one of his positions is crossed out ;) )

@Kironide
    You posted this just when I was typing that bit about Jin being a mad scientist, haha!
    Story-wise this encounter is pure gold. But no killing Chris again, I already raised him from the dead twice. (There's a reason he has a phoenix for his familiar).
  • "EnkiSchmidt;c-18048429" wrote:
    @Elliandre
    Oh, with that particular kid I can imagine a whole lot of reasons for the citation! He once tried to nick one of the plants in Strangerville lab and is a bit of a junior mad scientist. That's why he is in the scouts in the first place, to learn discipline.

He is holding out the list of all his juvenile delinquent charges and acting all innocent :joy:
  • I met Jin again during patrol, this time while playing his father. Hadn't realized before what a regular this boy is when it comes to patroling assignments, lol. Anyway, he didn't perform the mystery interaction again, only checked his phone a lot.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,034 PostsLatest Activity: 9 minutes ago