Forum Discussion

kathmhughes
New Spectator
11 months ago

What Thai-inspired assets are you hoping for?

So there's been hints at pad thai, but what else are you hoping for?

Chicken Satay, roti, green curries, and anything in peanut sauce are food items I'd want.

I love the fishing shorts in the box art. I hope there some good hair, and skirts and sandals as well.

I'm also curious to see if any new building functions (aside from apartments) come. Horse Ranch brought painting ceilings, High School Years brought rounded walls. Snowy Escape brought platforms. Island Living brought ladders. I'm really curious if some Thai inspired new build features could be coming, though I don't think spiral stairs are super common in Thailand.
  • Jewel tone purple, like a royal purple instead of fuschia would-be divine.

Given how much work cows, horses, and llamas were, I doubt we'll get elephants. But I also don't want Sims in elephant suits. Just small animals in the sanctuary with elephant artwork is fine.
  • Re the sanctuary, I wouldn't mind seeing some larger animals in the far off distance - if you are lucky seeing them at all. I don't need to pet or ride those elephants. I think the excitement of staring out in the wildness in the hope of seeing something, would be rather fun. We could hear the sound from an animal that is close, but that would be no guarantee for actually seeing it - just getting a bit more on alert. It could be elephants, tiger, large birds, even fantasy (*yesI'mlookingatyoudragon*). After a couple hours your ticket is no longer valid, so if you saw nothing but want to give it another try while your traveling company prefers the café, you could line up in that queue again... Maybe there could be feeding hours, or certain days/hours when the animals are more likely to be seen. Come on - bringing home a selfie with the elephant far back in the background would make your teen the star of the hood, right? What an unique memory and souvenir! It's all about the excitement, right?
  • Harvestables and fish would be awesome. I can't remember the last pack to add new fish. Reskinned tea set. I'm sure CAS & BB will not disappoint with this theme.

I wouldn't mind more recipes but even with the recent small cooking menu overhaul, it's still a mess. :weary:
    g01denswan
    Rising Spectator
    I’m hoping for matching living room, dining room and bedroom rattan furniture sets, a new counter/counter island/cabinet set, and harvestable like rice and tea.

And functional elevators.
  • So much beautiful build assets and antique furniture and such that it'd take forever to go through what i want for b/b I just hope its not like "all the pretty buildings are shells here have modern bleh build assets instead" that would be heartbreaking

I also hope we have some thai activities like boxing or dancing or traditional instruments or whatever that can be done indoors and outdoors (but mostly indoors activities cause my vampires are going to be so upset staying inside house whole day waiting for sundown)

ofcourse since they mentioned animals I would hope there is some gameplay animals there and its not just rabbithole bleh too

but it remains to be seen what the pack is actually about i guess

in the leaked picture it looks like kid is playing hopscotch so maybe those small kids play activities are on their way to the game?

aand yeah I'm just hoping the apartments/townhouses/ duplex whatever function nicely in every world every lot and such thats probably my main concern just being worried how its all gonna work
  • Maybe another crop could be bamboo, with some new crafting uses for it on the woodworking table and in the fabricator. Making a traditional kite and going out to fly it with children or in competitions.
    Add silkworms to the insects available in the world to collect and/or farm and then spin and make silk that could then be made into special traditional clothing.
  • I'm hoping for some Thai recipes that we can make,and I'm hoping we'll also get multi-purpose community lots(which should of been in the base game). Multi-purpose community lots would open up so much more gameplay.