Forum Discussion

LaBlue0314
New Scout
8 years ago

What's your favorite apartment in San Myshuno?

I'm curious to know for those who play with sims who live in the apartments, which ones are your favorite?
  • "Beardedgeek;c-16643593" wrote:
    "poltergeist;c-16642557" wrote:
    i like the spice district apartments. i wish we had gotten more of those brownstone buildings instead of the weird futuristic buildings.

Brownstone is very American though. With the exception of one or two apartments, the rest look far more like what i call "normal" apartment buildings", while the brownstone ones look like copied from an American move or sitcom.

is that supposed to be a bad thing?
    i just like the aesthetic, it reminds me of new york. the futuristic buildings on top of giant platforms in the sky don't remind me of anywhere.
    anyway, as long as they had kept the apartments on the ground in an actual realistic setting i would have been fine with any architectural style. (..but i especially love brownstones)
  • "poltergeist;c-16644192" wrote:
    "Beardedgeek;c-16643593" wrote:
    i like the spice district apartments. i wish we had gotten more of those brownstone buildings instead of the weird futuristic buildings.

Brownstone is very American though. With the exception of one or two apartments, the rest look far more like what i call "normal" apartment buildings", while the brownstone ones look like copied from an American move or sitcom.

i just like the aesthetic, it reminds me of new york. the futuristic buildings on top of giant platforms in the sky don't remind me of anywhere.
    anyway, as long as they had kept the apartments on the ground in an actual realistic setting i would have been fine with any architectural style. (..but i especially love brownstones)

My point was that if you're American, Brownstone feels "city" to you. To me? Not so mutch, it feels more "Friends" or "Cosby".
  • Difficult to choose one apartment, as I like a few. The largest apartment in the spice district is one of my favorites. I believe it's 20 Culpepper. Then 122 Hakim House in the Arts Quarter, or whichever the largest is. The one that has the expansive view of uptown. I also like the three story apartment in Uptown, 888 Spire.

"Beardedgeek;c-16644291" wrote:
    "poltergeist;c-16644192" wrote:

My point was that if you're American, Brownstone feels "city" to you. To me? Not so mutch, it feels more "Friends" or "Cosby".

Confused about your comment because "Friends" and "Cosby" were most definitely located in cities, just as many brownstones are actually in cities like NYC, Philadelphia, Boston, DC, and Chicago.
  • "taydev;c-16646151" wrote:
    Difficult to choose one apartment, as I like a few. The largest apartment in the spice district is one of my favorites. I believe it's 20 Culpepper. Then 122 Hakim House in the Arts Quarter, or whichever the largest is. The one that has the expansive view of uptown. I also like the three story apartment in Uptown, 888 Spire.

"Beardedgeek;c-16644291" wrote:
    "poltergeist;c-16644192" wrote:

Confused about your comment because "Friends" and "Cosby" were most definitely located in cities, just as many brownstones are actually in cities like NYC, Philadelphia, Boston, DC, and Chicago.

My point is that it doesn't actually feel like I'm im a city, it feels like I'm watching a sitcom.
  • 121 Hakim House. I usually have to kick the Jang's out but I find the apartment so nice (after a bit of remodeling).
  • I really like the Medina Studios apts. The only thing I would add is another food stall for drinks.
    Perthelia
    Seasoned Novice
    "Beardedgeek;c-16642353" wrote:
    "drake_mccarty;c-16641005" wrote:
    "Beardedgeek;c-16640052" wrote:
    "Sigzy05;c-16639953" wrote:
    These are my favourite.

https://i.imgur.com/TQLepRI.png

Not because of the space, or the lot traits, but because they feel like an actual city playing in. It's the more city like neighborhood we got, everything else, looks like it was taken out of a utopian future city. All the other apartments are in some strange above the ground platform and I like seeing the bridge and the train pass by too.

The thing to remember is that the history of SIms is very Utopian. I don't know if you are old enough, but the final buildings in Sim City 2000 looked VERY similar to the super-high-rise-with-other-buidlings-on-them that you have in the upper districts in the city.

When it comes to neighborhoods I would say I LOVE the spice district. It is definitely the area I would love to be in if it was real. All those cultures and stuff.
    But I LOVE those two apartments in the Fashion district; the one with the Karaoke gang in it and the one next to it.

https://eaassets02-a.akamaihd.net/origin-com-store-damassets/content/dam/eadam/S/SIMCITY_CATALOG/71104/en_US/ORIGIN_SCREENSHOT/71104_screenhi_930x524_en_US_06_%5E_2014-04-01-11-01-44_69d722862be957c7aa36e68f96d0da0bb68d897d/930.0x524.0.jpg

I wouldn’t say utopian. SimCity definitely dabbled in science fiction, especially with those bio domes you linked a picture of. Personally I see no similarities between the image and Sims 4. Sims 4’s city is ultra-modern with a futuristic design that defies reality. The bio domes in the pic are futuristic but more mechanical and less modern.

They were also only one kind of many, some with a specific three-legged design that I get reminded of every time I see Uptown from afar in San Myshuno.
    (Also the game was made what? 1992?)

Did you ever see the pictures of a player (or probably multiple players, but this was a long time ago) who built that arcology on every single square of the largest grid?
  • "Simpatsyann;c-16649291" wrote:
    "Beardedgeek;c-16642353" wrote:
    "drake_mccarty;c-16641005" wrote:
    "Beardedgeek;c-16640052" wrote:
    "Sigzy05;c-16639953" wrote:
    These are my favourite.

https://i.imgur.com/TQLepRI.png

Not because of the space, or the lot traits, but because they feel like an actual city playing in. It's the more city like neighborhood we got, everything else, looks like it was taken out of a utopian future city. All the other apartments are in some strange above the ground platform and I like seeing the bridge and the train pass by too.

The thing to remember is that the history of SIms is very Utopian. I don't know if you are old enough, but the final buildings in Sim City 2000 looked VERY similar to the super-high-rise-with-other-buidlings-on-them that you have in the upper districts in the city.

When it comes to neighborhoods I would say I LOVE the spice district. It is definitely the area I would love to be in if it was real. All those cultures and stuff.
    But I LOVE those two apartments in the Fashion district; the one with the Karaoke gang in it and the one next to it.

https://eaassets02-a.akamaihd.net/origin-com-store-damassets/content/dam/eadam/S/SIMCITY_CATALOG/71104/en_US/ORIGIN_SCREENSHOT/71104_screenhi_930x524_en_US_06_%5E_2014-04-01-11-01-44_69d722862be957c7aa36e68f96d0da0bb68d897d/930.0x524.0.jpg

I wouldn’t say utopian. SimCity definitely dabbled in science fiction, especially with those bio domes you linked a picture of. Personally I see no similarities between the image and Sims 4. Sims 4’s city is ultra-modern with a futuristic design that defies reality. The bio domes in the pic are futuristic but more mechanical and less modern.

They were also only one kind of many, some with a specific three-legged design that I get reminded of every time I see Uptown from afar in San Myshuno.
    (Also the game was made what? 1992?)

Did you ever see the pictures of a player (or probably multiple players, but this was a long time ago) who built that arcology on every single square of the largest grid?

I THINK so. It rings a bell.