Forum Discussion

DiscipleOfDuat
Seasoned Adventurer
3 years ago

Who are these strangers?! - Changes to Pub Owner and Grocery Shop Owner (Cottage Living)

I've started playing again, with some resignation on my part, and things seemed to have settled down. However, I found out that Sara Scott and Kim Goldbloom have been replaced by random townies. I saw Sara still owns her establishment (so to speak) - but simply deleting the new random sims isn't working right now.

Although, I could pretend they are enjoying a holiday and hired someone new - I hope they'll return again in the future.

If there's a work around to get them back, please let me know!

EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    That bug... I hate it.

It replaces pre-made ones (and for me, custom ones) with random townies. Before, when I clicked on the board to learn about villagers, it was full of faces. Now, it will only contain a few.

"telemwill;c-18166368" wrote:
    Back before the patch this was happening to me in Moonwood Mill. Wolfgang was not the librarian, although he was still labeled as such when I ran into him in game, and, likewise, Celeste was not the bartender.

I finally just moved Wolfgang in with the Moonwood Collective since he was never in the library anyway. Still hoping Celeste shows up in the bar.

That I see as shift issue. The shift for one NPC ends and another NPC replaces them.
    I had this too. The only thing I had to do was to wait until the new bartender's shift was over and then Celene was back.
  • So far in my game only HoB NPCs got replaced. I haven't been to the magic realm yet after THAT patch.
    When I looked into my unplayed households, those HoB NPC households are still there (i.e. they are not purged), but there is a duplicate of Agatha Crumplebottom.
    I am not sure if the Eco NPCs are affected. They default master crafter still shows up (along with some random ones because I finally built a maker's space), but I have not seen Knox Greenberg yet. He used to pop up in gyms quite often.

> @EgonVM said:
    > I just hope it won't take a lot of time to fix it (at least be less than a year)...

Even that seems rather long to me. Are we supposed to avoid these neighbourhoods for that long?
  • https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2022/08/roles-in-henford-on-bagley-are-replaced-by-random-sims/
    DiscipleOfDuat
    Seasoned Adventurer
    "simvasion;c-18165123" wrote:
    The bug means that the game can't use the existing sims. The mod lets the game use them again. But you have to delete any impostors that may have generated before you started using the mod yourself. They should all be visible in Manage Households.

It appears this mod doesn't work for pre-existing saves, sadly. I booted up a save from a month ago, just to be certain.

On top of that, it also doesn't work for me on brand new saves. I only have one mod - the rocket building fix (by you! Thank you!) - I took that one out. Also removed cache files, even removed the entirety of the saves folder.

But to no avail.

EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "Gagea;c-18173752" wrote:
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2022/08/roles-in-henford-on-bagley-are-replaced-by-random-sims/

I see... So the game sees them as famous, even though they're not. Reminds me of the problem that was fixed with the last patch where all the sims were suddenly famous.

Get Famous system really need a fix. First sims in the neutral reputation have a bad reputation icon, then sims with neutral reputation get introduced to sims with negative reputation, and now the fame issue...