Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Why Wasn't There A Mention About This? Pronoun Changes?

Reading some threads and other Simmers posting what is said (text) about the Sim such as she/he just go a promotion etc. or anything like that, but not at all about the following subject, why did Maxis not make an announcement in patch notes or other areas of the forum that the pronouns are changed in TS4? No longer does the game say he/she but used the pronouns like They and Them. There was a thread once about wanting all these pronouns to be changed in the game if there were any popups etc.

Interesting to see Maxis developers went ahead and made these changes without any mention of this as if this is everyday speech of the masses without ever mentioning it to the public let alone the players who already have the game.

Dear Maxis, in some circles you would be commended for these changes. However, you owed it to the public and the players who buy your products you were going to change the grammar of the game to exclude He/She pronouns and change all that to They/Them.

This is not everyday speech of the masses. We all know it isn't. Let's not pretend it is. I struggle with my grammar as it is since I have some cognitive problems and I lose my words and thought to even write a proper sentence sometimes. Let alone call a single Sim a plural pronoun. I don't want to have the argument if this is proper or not, only that people should have been informed.

I don't want to be a negative Nancy, but Maxis if you are going to do these things they should at least be in the patch notes. Parents and Players have a right to know, don't they? Especially those parents who buy your products for their kids and want them to be known as He or She. To expand on my thought about this, are there toggles to allow the game to decide if the text of a popup uses He/She/They/Them? No? I'm very disappointed in Maxis did Not inform those who respect the he/she populations nor inform players or parents they and them would replace those pronouns.

Are these changes only if someone uses the gender patch? How does this work? Any announcements gender patch was updated to do this? I'm disappointed people were not informed at all. ???