Forum Discussion

sarinabaig
Seasoned Newcomer
3 days ago

All sim households disappeared

Since my game was updated, my Sims households have disappeared. I can't load any of them, and none are visible in my household. All my sims have disappeared. 

edited title for visibility.  -puzzlezaddict

clfxowordd
    Seasoned Newcomer

Same here. I was literally playing at 4am this morning and I just tried to get on and all of my households are empty, even the one I was playing this morning. I can't see the sims or needs, in fact, the whole bottom bar is missing. Weird.

sarinabaig
    Seasoned Newcomer

Also, every time I try to resume my game, it just goes to manage worlds, and none of my sim households are there. 

baby99seal
      Newcomer

sarinabaig, I am so sorry to hear of your sims households disappearing!!  That is one of the worst things to happen to a simmer after an update breaks the game!! As a fellow simmer I support you!! 

KateR558
    Seasoned Newcomer

Same, and parts of buildings aren't showing up?? wtf it's always one step forward and 10 steps back

ThundaPri
    Seasoned Newcomer

Same here! I even deleted my mods and reinstalled them and still not working. All my sims are gone! All my lots, destroyed! I have no saved data! 

Kiwuska
      Seasoned Newcomer

Same for me. All Sims gone. Asking me to choose the season to start new, with $0 too. Some patch, aye?

KurshaKray20
    Seasoned Newcomer

I was playing last night and this morning and none of my lots will load even after repairing the game, removing all mods and making new saves with a random townie sim. It only started after the update too. It's frustrating.

• sarinabaig katiexo130 clfxowordd KateR558 ThundaPri Kiwuska KurshaKray20 

To be clear, is it the case for all of you that you see the saves themselves, and can choose Resume or Load Game and load... something, but the sims themselves are missing?  If not, please clarify your own issue so this doesn't become a collection thread of several related but distinct issues.

For all of you, please let me know whether you use mods or custom content, and whether it helps to remove the Mods folder.  It is possible that even removing mods after the fact won't help, so I need to know whether mods were ever present in these saves.

You can also try loading a backup save:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/

DarkDareWolf
      Seasoned Newcomer

Same issue here it just seems that the update broke the sim household loader for most of us.
      We can load in to our saves just fine. (they are visible)
      We can load our households just fine. (they are no longer visible on the map once clicking on their house)
      Once in to the house hold the bottom UI bar is lowered and stretched out beyond your view.
      At first i thought it was because i play in windowed mode but that is not the case.
      (For some odd reason the game just loads better in windowed mode then fullscreen)

There seems to be some simshousehold load in error going on due to the Grim Reaper event integration.
      Because the sims do not get loaded in, you can not interact with anything and simply load in an empty household.
      Mods really do not affect this as even newly generated households with a cleanly reinstalled game/EA launcher does not resolve this. I have a few nephews who are not to happy that their little buddies no longer exist.

I've had a different issue with the previous event as well.
      On a new PC with newly installed sims does not give you the reward items/traits etc.
      Which left me to simply mod them in as a work around.

So do i just stop playing the sims every time there is an event to save guard my sims housholds from harm and then simply mod in the items afterwards ?
      Because these events seem to have very little if any at all debugging before going live and are not retained by your account once you upgrade to a new PC.
      I assume it gets retained if you upload your households but why not to your account instead?

DarkDareWolf
        Seasoned Newcomer

I happen to resolve the issue for me atleast by deleting the sims 4 cache data folder.
        There might have been copies in there after the update i guess?

sarinabaig
      Seasoned Newcomer

When I try to play any of my families, to click resume it just brings me to manage worlds. None of my households are visible. Mods were present with the save but I have removed the file from the game as well as repairing the game with no changes. 

baby99seal
        Newcomer

That is too bad sarinabaig, I still see saved sims but it changed my last played game to a different one from another world and familly I haven't played with in years!!!  I took a two year break off of the Sims 4 for this very reason!! 

ThundaPri
      Seasoned Newcomer

initially, I could see my saves but could not play them. After disabling mods in the game I was able to create a new sim. I have removed all mods and redownloaded them to ensure there were no duplicates (I am new to mods, about 2 months in, so this was the only way I could think of to delete any duplicates) it cleaned up my mods folder nicely, so I though for sure this was a fix….. wrong! I have repaired the game and deleted all cache files. I have tried with a randomized sim and it just keeps disappearing. I gave up last night and I’m watching this forum closely for advice and ideas….I also just bought another pack and stuff so you can imagine my frustration! 

soptik52
    Rising Newcomer

I apologize for my English, I'm from the Czech Republic. After today's update and after loading any save it will destroy all characters. I'm playing without mod.  I've searched everything I could find, for example.  clear the EA App's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair the game: open the App game library, click Sims 4, and select Manage > Repair.

If that doesn't help, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and see whether the sims appear. Still nothing

About The Sims 4 Mods & Custom Content

Find expert tips, troubleshooting help, tutorials for mods and custom content, and The Sims 4 patch files in our forum.

4,743 PostsLatest Activity: 3 hours ago