Forum Discussion

Alistu
New Spectator
9 years ago

Help Unwrapping the UV_1

I'm not new to CC creation but I have never tried to create a CAS item from scratch before. Usually I just take a pre-existing one and change the texture or tweak the mesh and so I have never had to touch the UV_1 before.

I decided last week that it would be a neat idea to convert some of the Sims 3 future type outfits for use by aliens in Sims 4.
I have made a functioning package that shows in CAS and animates with the Sim but as the mesh from ts3 never needed a use for the UV_1 it does not function correctly with the body sliders as it is not mapped for it.

Is there a specific method or program used by the team to map UV_1 or do you just have a very dedicated team that painstakingly map it by hand? Any attempt to unwrap it myself has usually resulted in a mess. I've been using blender for my meshing as it can handle Sims 4 mesh data and is free to use.
  • If you use CASTools, can't you just import and use an existing TS4 mesh as reference? I haven't done anything CAS in a while but I always thought that is the thing to do for conversions.
    Alistu
    New Spectator
    Sadly, CASTools states that it cannot be used for conversions that make use of body morphs. It says it's only suitable for accessories and some hairs.