Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Household size

I have my MCC set to max 10 sims in my household. For some reason, I can't add anymore than 8. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Are you trying to make a household with more than 8 in CAS? If I remember correctly, you can only make 8 in CAS and if you want two more, they have to be cheated in with testingcheats or born into the family.
  • Realizing there has been problems, of late, adding more than 8 in a household, I started with the parents and their first six children. Once that was underway, with the latest version of MCCC, 5.0.0 I have had success in adding two more children, via the Mom having a baby. I goofed at one point and accidentally deleted baby number seven, when I chose the wrong command to change out her wardrobe and hair style once she became a toddler. Don't use CAS or the one that brings the entire family into CAS, even through MCCC. What I realized I should have done was to select Sim Commands. From there I can alter just the target Sim without losing one to the ether. :open_mouth: It had been so long since I attempted having more than the 8, I'd quite forgotten how to alter their wardrobe. Managed to have Mom get preggars again to replace Bethenia and then Mom had Abraham. I believe I only have one more to go, Joseph. But, he was born after his nephew.
  • Hello
    You may like to post your questions on the MCCC mod help thread.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread#latest

When you have added the extra household Sims, this is what Deaderpool posted about editing them :

IF MY HOUSEHOLD SIZE IS SET TO ABOVE 8, HOW DO I EDIT SIMS IN CAS SO THE GAME DOESN’T DELETE ALL THE SIMS PAST THE 8TH IN THE HOUSEHOLD?
    All of the core game’s “Edit in CAS” basic functions have household size hard-coded to 8. So no modder can prevent those functions from deleting extra Sims. However, there is a different “CAS Edit” that allows editing those large household sizes without losing extra family members. You would use that CAS edit rather than “Manage Household” or a dresser or a closet or a mirror or anything else. In MCCC, it is using the “MCCC > Sim Commands > Modify in CAS” path.

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/faq#HomelessSizeIssue