Forum Discussion

mcrudd
Seasoned Adventurer
10 months ago

Invisible infant crib (updated with no footprint option too)

https://legacy.curseforge.com/sims4/build-buy/invisible-infant-crib

This was a requested item by fellow simmers.

This invisible crib does not work like our invisible cribs for our newborn sims. You can not move the infant with the crib and align them over any other custom crib like we used too. Our newborns were objects tied to the crib so they moved with the crib. Our infants are their own little sims so they reset like any other sim if you move an object they are in or that are near them. Also this crib can only be placed over an object that has no footprint. Here is a link to a tutorial on how to remove footprints https://sims4studio.com/thread/4629/remove-objects-footprint. 

So how does this work then?

You place the object you want your infant to sleep or lie down on. The height is infant cribs and toddler beds. So for my images I used one of our maxis toddler beds. Please note that I did remove the footprint from that bed before using it. Once you placed the object without a footprint down then you place the invisible crib with the white/gray swatch down. That crib is semi transparent so you can see where to place it. Once you are happy with the placement then you change the swatch to the bright yellow one. Your crib will then become completely invisible. You click on the height where the rails are to instruct you sim to place the infant in the crib. She will place the infant down in the invisible crib so it looks as if they are on your object you selected. If it does not align perfectly you can use alt and move the item not the invisible crib to make it look perfect ;) Please note if you try and use it over an object with a footprint then the sim will say they can't get there and show a routing issue. The footprint has to be removed from the object you want the infant on.

I know its very complicated, but this was requested by a few simmers so I went ahead and made it. I hope it comes in handy for other simmers ;)

I do explain it step by step in the images below as well :)

1. Place semi transparent crib first

You place the object, in my case a toddler bed that had its footprint removed first and then the semi transparent swatch option of the crib first.

2. Make crib invisible
Once you are completely happy with the placement of the semi transparent crib, then select the bright yellow swatch to change the crib completely invisible

3. Now your infant can go to sleep
Once you are done then you can click at the height of the rails the crib would have had and instruct your sim to put the infant to sleep in the crib which would appear as if they are sleeping in the toddler bed.

4. Infant in invisible crib
The infant will now appear to sleep on the toddler bed, or which ever object you placed the invisible crib over. Please remember to first remove the footprint from your object and the height is of a toddler bed or existing crib. Happy simming :)

• Mcrudd's CC and Mods | EA Forums - 4948646

The above link will be the new thread where I will update if my mods and cc are working after an update or new pack. The new forums are a bit hard to navigate so I thought of putting them all in one spot for you guys. I can confirm that the invisible infant crib and no footprint invisible crib both work after the love struck pack and 26th July update 😀