Forum Discussion

LilyfrostTheMed
Seasoned Novice
9 hours ago

Sims 4 UI is broken

This happened after one of the previous updates back in August (I think). All the UI symbols are swapped and after a while when I click on the UI nothing happens and it crashes, also when I open a sim’s profile the pictures don’t show up just that winged llama. I have recently learned that certain mods have been causing me problems like this so does anybody know what mod could be causing this issue. 

Like seriously every time there is an update something breaks

• Sounds like UI Cheat Extensions which would have both a .script and .package file.  But if that is not the culprit do the 50/50 method.

Exit the game, create a mod backup folder, remove half of your mods and restart the game.  See if the issue still exists.  If it does exit, remove half of the remaining mods and repeat.  If it does not occur restore the mods you removed, and remove the first half you tested.  Restart the game the issue should now exist.  Exit and remove half the mods.  

Keep doing these steps until you have isolated the issue.  Note that multiple mods break especially with UI related fixes.  This will be a problem that occurs so long as you use mods and S4 is still being developed and updated.  Do this long enough and you will know which mods you need to update after each release.

beksvader
    Seasoned Novice

I had all kind of problems, including disappeared households, glitches, crashing, endless loading. I guessed it's because of scripts. Try to remove all the scripts from yours Mods folder. In the Mod folder  bar *ts4script* and it will show what's installed. I removed everything, careers, Occult stabilizator, I left only MCCC and Tools. After removing my scripts my game worked. I recovered my saves from the point where was all my Sims characters. After that, some of them still was failed to load when I was testing for play. Then I installed this mode:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/mod-milestone-81237568  

It works. You can also check my latest post here, scroll below to see what else I have done. Hopefully something helps. Good luck !

About The Sims 4 Mods & Custom Content

Find expert tips, troubleshooting help, tutorials for mods and custom content, and The Sims 4 patch files in our forum.4,659 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago