Forum Discussion

Letiyy01
Newcomer
4 hours ago

Invalid Game License - The Sims 4

Hello

I am experiencing the "Invalid License" error when trying to launch The Sims 4. I've tried several solutions, but the issue persists. Here are the steps I've already taken:

• Updated Microsoft Visual C++.
  • Updated my system drivers.
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled both The Sims 4 and the EA App.
  • Performed a clean boot on Windows.
  • Ran the EA App as an administrator.
  • Checked the Electronic Arts > EA Services folder, but it is empty.

Despite these efforts, the error still occurs. I'd appreciate any advice or additional solutions to resolve this issue. Thank you for your help!

• Letiyy01  What antivirus do you use?

Separately, have you ever claimed any Sims 4 content through Steam or Epic?  Do you live in a different country than the one where you originally bought or claimed Sims 4 from EA?

This error is becoming alarmingly common, and the system troubleshooting hasn't helped anyone yet as far as I know, so I'm wondering whether there's a hidden account issue.

Another test, if you're interested, would be to borrow a friend's account and test it on your machine.  Since the game is free, it's simple enough to add it.  I'd suggest doing a clean uninstall of Sims 4 and the EA App with Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) before using the new account.  Rename the Sims 4 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts to something that doesn't include "Sims 4" so that Revo doesn't flag it for deletion.