Forum Discussion

cynpleplan
New Novice
28 days ago

Sims 4 won't open after 1.109 update

puzzlezaddictI have the same issue and tried everything you wrote and it still doesn't work. I have no cc or mods. What could I try next?

• Edit:  Are you seeing this error?

There's a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.

Please let me know either way; it's a known issue with Windows 7.  The advice below still applies.

cynpleplan  Please update your graphics driver, which is from 2016.  Nvidia doesn't offer a current driver, but the one from 2018 should be better.  Go here:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/

Select GeForce, 500 series, Windows 7 64-bit, and download driver version 391.35 at the top of the page.  Run the installer as an admin: right-click the download and select "Run as administrator."  Restart your computer after installing the driver and before trying to play.

If that doesn't help, and please let me know either way, try switching to DirectX 9 mode.  If you can get to the Main Menu, there's a check box with the other graphics options for DX9 mode.  If you can't get that far, open the EA App, click Sims 4, then Manage > View properties, and enter -dx9 in the command line box.  This will force DirectX 9 mode regardless of your in-game options.

• Edit:  Are you seeing this error?

There's a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.

Please let me know either way; it's a known issue with Windows 7.  The advice below still applies.

cynpleplan  Please update your graphics driver, which is from 2016.  Nvidia doesn't offer a current driver, but the one from 2018 should be better.  Go here:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/

Select GeForce, 500 series, Windows 7 64-bit, and download driver version 391.35 at the top of the page.  Run the installer as an admin: right-click the download and select "Run as administrator."  Restart your computer after installing the driver and before trying to play.

If that doesn't help, and please let me know either way, try switching to DirectX 9 mode.  If you can get to the Main Menu, there's a check box with the other graphics options for DX9 mode.  If you can't get that far, open the EA App, click Sims 4, then Manage > View properties, and enter -dx9 in the command line box.  This will force DirectX 9 mode regardless of your in-game options.

cynpleplan
      New Novice

puzzlezaddict  Thanks a lot. It finally works since I've put the -dx9 in the comment line box! Thank you very much!