Forum Discussion

EA_Solaire
Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
2 years ago

FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS AUGUST 11TH - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS

FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS AUGUST 11TH - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS

Sul sul my favorite Simmers!

It's finally Friday, and finally time for Friday Highlights! Did you all have a lovely week? Have you got any fun plans for the upcoming weekend? It's a bit too warm outside for me, so I'll be staying inside with my AC and playing Horse Ranch 🙃

Let's keep our spirits high with this week's highlights!

Hooves in the distance, posted here, by @permanentrose

• I've been rewatching one of my favorite dating reality TV shows lately, The Flavor of Love, so we're starting this week off with this comical competitive dating challenge, The Joe Baghead Show, created by @momelimberham. This challenge is a mash-up of every dating reality TV show I love, but with a special twist - the bachelor must wear a bag on his head and keep his face completely hidden until the finale. He'll be living in a house with seven women all competing for his love, but will they be able to make a real connection sight unseen? And what happens when the bag comes off? Will Joe be too ugly to bear? Which of the seven women will get the final rose, or will the next door neighbor Sigrid swoop in and steal his heart instead? 🌹💘 Make sure you tune in to this riveting story to find out!
    EA_Cade edit: I am i n v e s t e d in this story.

• It's been miserably hot where I live, all I can think about is escaping to a small cottage in the mountains way up north, and the Red Fox Cabin built by @Julchens77 is exactly what I've been daydreaming about. This serene mountainside log cabin includes two bedrooms, a covered hot tub and BBQ pit, a small fish pond, and a beautiful windowed observatory to enjoy those stunning starry skies, which I could sit in for hours 🌌🌠 With gorgeous landscaping and captivating views, this log cabin is the perfect place for your Sims to rest, recharge, and rejuvenate so be sure to check it out!

• While we're on the subject of building, up next, we have a question for builders from @iliekponiez who wants to know how you convert a floorplan's square footage into tiles on the building grid. Now if there's one thing I'm notoriously bad at, it's math, so I don't have a specific formula to calculate any measurements, but I do use a fairly simple system. If I'm building from a floorplan, I'll convert a standard size door as one tile on the grid, small windows as one tile, and larger windows as either two or three tiles on the grid. Using this as a starting point, you can usually get a full floorplan recreated fairly accurately. But what's your system? Do you have a specific algorithm you use to get exact measurements? Or do you prefer to look at object proportions as more of a guide? Whichever way you prefer to build, be sure to share your process with us! 🤔📐

• There's no doubt that Chestnut Ridge is a spectacular and eye-catching world, with the perfect terrain for long rides on the trail, but if you could choose any landscape or location for Horse Ranch, would you have picked something different? @Lenny_Ogg has given a few alternatives and wants to know which of these landscapes you think is most ideal - and from these options, being a die-hard Lord of the Rings fan, the obvious choice for me would be Rohan. But what would you pick? Would you prefer a greener, European world setting, like Exmoor or Dülmen? Or maybe you'd prefer the Outback of Australia? Perhaps you have an entirely different location in mind, like South America? Let us know which location you'd pick and why! 🌍🗺️

• Let's finish our week off with this fresh and original gameplay challenge, Horse Ranch Hotel created by @CharityCodes. Here's the backstory for this challenge: you're a runaway teen who's left school to pursue your dream of running your very own Horse Ranch Hotel 🏨🐴 You'll have to start off by paying back a hefty debt, and only working community jobs for income. And, since you are running a hotel after all, any Sim visiting your lot will need to be immediately added into your household to be cared for. This challenge has three stages, each with specific rules and goals, but the endgame is this - you'll need to earn enough money to build a large hotel, and complete the two aspirations for Horse Ranch. If you think you've got what it takes to successfully start and run your hotel, be sure to give this challenge a try!

And with that, I hope you all stay safe, have a wonderful weekend, and happy Simming 💚
Till next time!

EA_Solaire
  • Congrats to everyone who received a mention!? @permanentrose that picture gave me goosebumps in the best way possible❤️
  • I love your grid-building idea and plan to try it! That has always been my greatest difficulty in trying to build from a floor plan. I also love your reference to Rohan, and in that vein, I would have loved Chestnut Ridge to have been lush and green like the shire, or surrounded by mountains with gorgeous waterfalls and forested like Rivendale. (Sorry you've had miserable heat - I don't envy that. It's finally cooling down where I live - wish I could send it your way!). B)
    Tcee11
    Seasoned Novice
    @EA_Solaire
    Thanks you for another great highlights list!
    Congratulations to all mentioned, well deserved!
    Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and has a beautiful week ahead!