Forum Discussion

EA_Solaire
Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
2 years ago

FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS MAY 12TH - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS

FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS MAY 12TH - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS

Sul sul everyone!

It's finally almost the weekend, and time again for Friday highlights! Can you believe we're already half way through May? The days are getting longer and the weather is getting warmer - summer will be in full swing before we know it. Anyone planning any fun summer getaways or beach vacations? Take me with you!

Did you miss the big news this week?

• On Thursday, we announced the next Community Vote, this time for a Create a Sim and a Build/Buy kit! Our two themes to choose from for the Create a Sim kit are either Rainbow-Core Style or Goth Fashion, and for the Build/Buy kit the options are between Medieval Castle or High Tech Futurism. Voting has already begun, and will run until May 21st at 7PM PST, so get your votes in on what you'd like to see! Be sure to join in on the discussion thread here as well and let us know which one you've picked (P.S. if you're not voting for Goth Fashion, you're doing it wrong πŸ™ƒ)

Mistakes were made... posted here by @Becka28

Alright, let's dive into this week's highlights!

• Let's kick this week off with a very compelling question brought to us by @simgirl1010, who wants to know If you could switch lives with any Townie for a day, who would it be and why? I agree with @Simmingal that Mayor Whiskers is really a hot contender here, but I think we can all agree that Bonehilda is the true queen of the franchise, and by far the best choice. I mean honestly, how could you not want those fabulous cheekbones? πŸ’€πŸ‘‘ There are so many great options, but which Townie would you select? Share with us who and why!

• Up next, I'm always on the lookout for fun new gameplay challenges, and this Cottage Living themed Chicken Farmer challenge created by @Simmerville has really caught my eye. Here's a quick summary: Sims are not allowed to purchase any chickens directly from the chicken coop, instead all chickens must be purchased from one Sim designated as the neighborhood Chicken Farmer. If you want to add any new chickens or roosters to your current farm, you need to pay the Chicken Farmer a visit, and pick out your newest flock members to take back home! Sounds interesting, right? If you decided to play this challenge, would you extend these rules to cows and llamas as well? I'd love to hear how this plays out for everyone! πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”

• Awhile ago we discussed which Townies were based off real people, but this week @ItsMeThatGuy is asking What real-life cities are based off these neighborhood terrains in The Sims 2? I'd have to agree that Pleasantview is very similar to San Francisco or Sacramento given the large bridge, hilly terrain and palm trees scattered throughout the neighborhood. Strangetown gives me serious New Mexico vibes, specifically the city of Roswell (if you've never been to this gem of a town, it's well worth the visit πŸ‘½) But what about the rest of the neighborhoods? Do the terrains look familiar to you? If you've got any ideas on what the other locations could be inspired from, be sure to share your thoughts with us!

• For this week's build, I found this incredibly detailed (and very LARGE) Dorms of Belgraves Institute created by @Lenny_Ogg. If the exterior of this build isn't impressive enough, so far there are 4 custom made apartments designed to each Sim's personality, a stunning traditional gothic-farmhouse style classroom, and a cozy and colorful boho style kitchen and dining room. Each apartment is so intricate and well designed, I can't begin to pick a favorite! If you sent your Sims to university here, which room would you choose for them? Take a look for yourself and let us know which apartment you'd be moving in to! πŸššπŸ“¦

• We'll close this week out with a question on builds from @becks1112 who's wondering do you use blueprints for building houses, and if so, where do you get them? I love basing my builds off real floorplans, and just like @Brd709 & @lisamwitt I tend to pull them from real-estate listings! So tell me where your build inspiration comes from- do you remake houses you know from memory, or do you improvise and build from scratch? Do you get motivated from Google images, or do you use blueprints from a site or book? Let us know what method you prefer!

And that's all for this week! As always, stay safe, have a wonderful weekend, and happy Simming πŸ’š
Till next time!

EA_Solaire