Forum Discussion

EA_Solaire
Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
12 months ago

FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS SEPTEMBER 22ND - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS

Sul sul my lovelies!

Another Friday, another week closer to Halloween! Fall is finally here, the leaves are changing, the days are getting shorter, and the air is getting colder. Have you done any fun seasonal activities yet, like apple picking, wandering in a corn maze or visiting a pumpkin patch? I want to hear everything!

Let's see what we can discover with this week's highlights...

June has become Snow White, posted here, by @Belalucina

• I've been watching a bit too much HGTV lately, so let's start our week with this extensive and impressive gameplay challenge, Xtreme Fixer Upper Farm Challenge, written by @Streicher. Your main goal is to renovate and upgrade a rundown and abandoned Windenburg farm, and eventually create a successful and sustainable homestead for you and your family to flourish. There are multiple phases to this challenge, like pest control, landscaping, and appliance upgrading, and each phase has it's own specific set of rules and timelines for completion. This challenge is a true labor of love, so if you've been looking for something lengthy and difficult to try, this is the perfect challenge for you! πŸš§πŸ‘·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

• And how about a challenge for our Sims 3 players? With fall finally upon us, what better way to celebrate than with an autumn fashion photoshoot challenge started by @PalmArrow. The challenge is simple - set up a photoshoot for your Sims with an autumn fashion theme using only the color wheel, and show off your screenshots πŸ‚πŸ Creativity is key here, so grab those pumpkin spice lattes, throw on your best chunky oversized sweater and your favorite scarf, and show us what you've got!

• This week for our featured build, we've got this beautiful tribute and simply striking Sapphire Laundry Room created by @mrsr99tso. Laundry rooms are one of my favorite things to decorate in a home, and this one is an absolute dream - from the open layout, to the lovely lattice windows, and the dazzling shades of blue. I could easily spend my entire Saturday here folding clothes πŸ§ΊπŸ’™ If you love doing laundry as much as I do (or even if you don't) be sure to check this room out!

• The Sims is full of endless possibilities, and while it seems infeasible to complete everything available in the game, it may be easier than it sounds, thanks to the fantastically in-depth Gameplay Completion Checklist in this discussion started by @miklc. You can track completion of all skills, aspirations, jobs, and even death types 😳☠️ So which items on this checklist have you never done? Are you working towards the over-achiever achievement by completing all aspirations? Or is your Sim a jack of all trades with all maxed out skills? If you're looking for something new to try in your game that you've never done, or aiming for full Sims completion, you'll want to check this handy tracker out!

• With last week's thrilling announcement of the newest stuff pack, which will be the first stuff pack in over 2 years (Paranormal is top tier though, really) let's finish this week off with the Home Chef Hustle official countdown thread by @catloverplayer - and we are only 6 days away! I'm already obsessed with those pizza earrings and the new cabinets and counters, and I can't wait to start running a stroopwafel stand πŸ₯žπŸ₯žπŸ₯ž So what are you most excited about? Are you looking forward to the new kitchen appliances, the new CAS items, or all the mouthwatering new recipes? If you'll be opening your own street food stand, what do you plan on serving? Share with us what you're most excited for as we anxiously await for next week!

And that'll be all for this week! As always, stay safe everyone, have a wonderful weekend, and happy Simming πŸ’š
Till next time!

EA_Solaire