Forum Discussion

Horrorgirl6
Seasoned Hotshot
8 months ago

Live the Life vs Project Renee

This game on early acess they recently did update its a single only player game called Live the Life.Here is the steam page .
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1373220/Live_the_Life/
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I bought this game in September of 2020. There was not much you could do. You could buy furniture, get a job at a diner, take care of a few needs. The "city" you lived in was quite limited, and the people just wandered aimlessly around. I played for a while, but bored out because there was nothing to do.

This game is being worked on by a solo developer. Things will naturally take a lot of time. He has done a lot the last couple of years, though, the game has developed quite nicely. We can now actually interact with other "sims" (for a lack of a better word), even go on dates or hang out with them. We can go bowling, visit the bar (with live music, even) and there is a nightclub also. There's lots of shops for different styles of clothes, furniture and also a grocery store. And you can get around to all these stores and whatnot by walking/running, hop on a bus or tram, or even rent an electric scooter (you'll find these all over town). The character creator is nice, mostly presets that you can tweak around. I've managed to actually make quite nice looking people in there. Not spent too much time on it, though. Was eager to explore the new town :)

Can it compete with The Sims? Not in its current state. It needs a lot more content and game mechanics for that to happen. It would also probably require more than 1 developer to work on the game. I do believe he has what it takes, but what it will take is a lot of time. I'm not sure he can work full time on the game, and there might some times be problems since he lives in Ukraine, and the war isn't over yet.

For those who wonders, the game is in Early Access on Steam and the current price is around $15 (145,- NOK for those Norwegians out there).
    Anonymous
    I really don't view this as a full-fledged life sim. inZOI and Paralives have me the most excited. I have no idea what's happening with PR. And LBY's gameplay feels dull at the moment.
    ck213
    Seasoned Scout
    Vivaland, Inzoi, Paralives, Life By You, and Live the Life, I hope at least one of those is a true alternative.
    And I hope that at least one of them demonstrate sims with unique personalities that you can tell from just watching them. Also, cause and effect game play that can come back at you hours to days later because the characters have memories, plus a keen social awareness in interactions.
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I've not been in a simming mood in a good while, and haven't visited the forums either for an equal amount of time. I know about Paralives and LBY and of course Live the Life, but never heard of Vivaland and Inzoi. Might have to research a bit about those. I really need to stay IN the loop more :)

And as much as I want LtL to become a competitor to the Sims, just like the rest of them, I doubt that will happen any time soon. Its a nice game, and it has come quite far. Niki (the dev) will have to add more people to work with it, and I don't know if that's on his agenda at the moment. As far as I know, none of the other games are solo projects. And at least 1-2 have manpower and funds to back it up.