Forum Discussion

Horrorgirl6
Seasoned Hotshot
2 days ago

The future of the Sims

Reading the blog post is says they were making new games or basically no more one linear game.Meaning I think we're going to have bunch of different sims games for all sorts of players.

They might reboot mysims or make better

A more complex basegame they might make something like the sims 3 in the future.

DeKaythePUNK
    Seasoned Adventurer

They need to just stop with The Sims 4. Please... πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ˜…

Horrorgirl6
      Seasoned Hotshot

There not going to for awhile.There probably is going to be a replacement for four but not for a while.

NoahLGP
      Seasoned Hotshot

Finally for me The Sims Hub is the most exciting news of the day.

• I do believe they are revisiting Sims 3 as the sims featured have that same uncanny valley doughy human appearance; it honestly breaks my heart considering one of the best things about TS4 is the return to gorgeous sims without having to download 10gb of CC solely for CAS tweaking πŸ˜” Even if the world is robust, TS3 was the only game I could never actually play because I thought the sims were hideous. Of course this is just my opinion, and I don't want to ick anyone's yum here! We all have our favourite game (TS2 is mine and I use a lot of CC for the same reason).

I will have to say, even though I didn't buy all the TS3 EPs and only played the base game and World Adventures--except for when I got scammed into buying digital codes on Ebay that were apparently bootleg (I was young and naiveπŸ˜…)--I absolutely loved World Adventures because it was about the challenges and not really about the Sims.

I was really hoping TS5 would be more like TS2 in-depth Sim play with a TS3 world that would keep the upgraded look of TS4 or go beyond that. Oh well, it's a good thing TS4 is such an on-off game for me, I have all the add-ons (excluding anything supernatural) and haven't even remotely explored all the features that are in my game, so I have at least 10 years to have new experiences while I see how TS5 turns out from the sidelines.

RoaringHeights
    Seasoned Newcomer

Beyond devastated at the fact that Sims 5 isn't happening. Sims 4 is a good game but its age is very clearly showing.

nanashisims
      Rising Novice

How is the age showing? Not challenging you--I don't play it enough so it's still very new to me because even though I was an early adopter of the base game, until toddlers came out I had stopped playing it because it was a hot buggy boring mess of a game. I think it's OK now, but again--it's still pretty new to me because I only play on and off, so I'm genuinely curious why you think this. 

crocobaura
      Seasoned Ace

I think TS4 it's good exactly because of it's age. It has seasons, different life stages, vacations, occults,  and lots of different gameplay exactly because of it's age. I look at all the other new upcoming games and none of it has as much to offer as TS4 currently has. Sims 5 basegame will be same and will feel empty compared to an old game. TS2, TS3 and TS4 basegames all felt empty when released. That's why I don't look forward to TS5 or any other new  game. 

nanashisims
        Rising Novice

TS4 is definitely a packed game... honestly I think it has more content and worlds than any other iteration. I hope they keep developing for it. 

I also love how they separated the game play into different packs and kits for realism and legacy players, supernatural fans, builders, and CAS sim artists--with the exception of GTW (which forced aliens on us realistic players... wouldn't have minded if they just stayed in Sixam, but if you visit that planet--then your entire game gets invaded 😠)  

NoahLGP
    Seasoned Hotshot

"We’re focused on creating a variety of games and experiences that will touch different categories across the simulated life genre including cozy games, social and collaborative based gameplay, mobile narrative games"

Project Dolores is probably one of them.

Narrative game ... Life Is Strangetown πŸ˜› ???

crocobaura
      Seasoned Ace

They already have Sims Freeplay and Sims Mobile and Sims 4 and any other sims game actually can be very cozy, depending on how you play it. The only game they don't already have is one with social and collaborative element to it. I think that's going to be Project Rene. 

NoahLGP
        Seasoned Hotshot

I don't think that they are talking about the existing games.

Maybe something similar to the era of The Sims Stories, MySims, Spore and SimAnimal (2007 - 2009). That would explain the return of MySims.

logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard

From what I have read from the latest blog post, I strongly dislike the direction that they are going. 

Fans have supported this franchise for 10 years and for many even longer, no development is going into a proper sequel but instead this "Rene" which looks to be a mobile multiplayer experience. 

Creators making kits could be seen as a nice collaboration, but it could also be seen as them doubling down on kits while reducing the people making them.

I do not care about a movie.

The only one can hope for now is that The Sims 4 will receive some good updates, given that you are not tired of playing it for 10 years already.

I am hugely disappointed in EA/Maxis.

About The Sims Franchise Discussion

Discuss The Sims Medieval, the original The Sims, and speculate on the future of the franchise, including Project Rene.1,004 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago