Forum Discussion

8 years ago

This spam.....

Sad to see that the shit that was polluting the old site tagged along to the new forum... Is there really nothing that can be done to prevent this? I mean, IP-bad or something..??
  • Fighting spam requires good and supported forum infrastructure, as well as vigilant moderation. EA can't be bothered with either.
  • EA are working on it and although some is getting through, the majority is no longer visible on the forums. On the old forums 100's per day got through, now it is down to 10's...... soon to be 0.

IP tracking is being used, along with many other techniques so we all look forward to our spammer being vanquished soon!
  • I just made a thread in the Tiberium Universe discussion, and it tells me I have to wait for mod/admin approval for it. Fair enough, why isn't that applied in the main forums for dupes of this "cumchuggers" guy?
  • "Plokite95;c-1620192" wrote:
    I just made a thread in the Tiberium Universe discussion, and it tells me I have to wait for mod/admin approval for it. Fair enough, why isn't that applied in the main forums for dupes of this "cumchuggers" guy?

That must be a set up mistake we'll get it fixed.

"Plokite95;c-1620170" wrote:
    Fighting spam requires good and supported forum infrastructure, as well as vigilant moderation. EA can't be bothered with either.

I resent that, there are a committed pile (albeit a small pile :p ) of moderators working these forums trying to maintain some order and keep the experience here a positive one. Somedays it is hard, somedays it is a pleasure, either way we're here every day, doing what we can.

• @ArveK_GDI

We are discussing internally on handling the spam and putting a stop to it. Progress is being made so just hang in there guys! In the meantime myself and CCTA guys are handling the spam in many ways already and while it is a bit hard sometimes, its being handled.

@Plokite95

That is an error message that comes up now and then, I have fixed your profile with a temp solution. You will sadly need to repost your thread and if anyone else finds their threads missing all the time or stuff like this happens, feel free to PM me and I will fix you up.
  • @XXXO77O4906 @Plokite95 I suspect it's because the post @Plokite95 made contains an external link, our spammer posts don't as the images are in-line images.
  • @gamerdruid Nah, not really. This is more of a random type of a thing then constant, especially with that message he described.

About Tiberium Alliances General Discussion

Talk with other players about what is going on in your Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances game.1,163 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago