Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Tips for best game performance with my laptop

Hi all,
I have had a gaming laptop for a year now which is generally faster than my old laptop but as I play this more than any other game I just want to fine tune it for best performance.
The laptop is a MSI GE60 20E with Core i7, 8GB RAM, SSD and graphics are Intel HD 4600 or NVidia GeForce GTX 765M with 2GB DDR5
I play on Chrome and tend to just leave it defaulted to HD graphics but wonder if I should set Chrome to always use the Nvidia? Should I make any audio/video setting adjustments such as WebGL?
Any tips much appreciated.
  • Firefox is preferred by many. I use SRware Iron which is an offshoot of Chrome and currently doesn't have the same issues. On 4Gb RAM the game had low refresh rates but with 16Gb it is ok (apart from the chrome issues).
  • Is Firefox generally better for this game than Chrome? I think I'm affected by the Chrome issues on here so wondered whether better to use Firefox? Also using the NVidia graphics for Chrome but doesn't seem to make a huge difference. Should I have 16GB RAM instead of 8GB? I have 100Mb/s broadband too so unsure what else I can improve on?
  • Excellent, thanks I hadn't heard of that browser before. I use Firefox for my general web browsing activities and only use Chrome for playing TA so it's easy to clear cache etc.
  • Thanks again, just tried out SRware Iron and so far so good, the worlds are now loading in seconds rather than minutes, seems to be working much better than Chrome at the moment.
  • The advantage is you can set it up to use the same extensions and scripts.