Forum Discussion

11 years ago

A final tidbit about the community counter...

indieauthorALH wrote:
When I checked in this afternoon I saw the community counter was getting close to the mark so I decided I'd just sit and watch it tick up until the candy cane cooling towers were awarded. I watched it going up by 10k a second until it was within 50k of the goal, and then the popup appeared saying that the prize was won.

And now I come here and see that someone else posted their counter hit the final mark even earlier, but the prize hadn't yet been awarded.

Seems to me that: a) people running different versions (e.g., Apple/iTunes, Android/Google Play, Amazon/Amazon App Store) are seeing different counters, and b) the counter shown to any given player doesn't necessarily reflect a true count. If it did, then my counter wouldn't have still been ticking upward after that other player posted that the goal had already been met, different players wouldn't be seeing different totals, and I wouldn't have gotten the prize pop-up until after the counter I was looking at made it all the way to the goal.

So yeah, I still kinda think the community counter is/was fake.

That or maybe your device was speaking to a different server that was off sync with the servers that were actually keeping track...
Just a thought. I bet Spencer would know tho :wink: ...maybe?
  • AJtheboss1 wrote:
    That or maybe your device was speaking to a different server that was off sync with the servers that were actually keeping track...

If that's the case, then shouldn't there have been a delay in me getting the towers, too? It's not really all that important one way or the other, I just thought the inconsistencies were odd. And I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to see the counter turn over to hit the goal. I'm kind of a goofball like that. :mrgreen:
  • indieauthorALH wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

If that's the case, then shouldn't there have been a delay in me getting the towers, too? It's not really all that important one way or the other, I just thought the inconsistencies were odd. And I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to see the counter turn over to hit the goal. I'm kind of a goofball like that. :mrgreen:

Haha I actually saw the turn over :P I was excited about it because I haven't caught any other community prize like that. Tho I got lucky, because I got into the game because of a notification and saw the counter was a few thousand cards away so I decided to wait it out. Tho I didn't get it right away. It said it would award the played soon...
  • MissGrafin wrote:
    I sat and watched it as it hit 1.2B too, when it did I got the message below and was awarded the towers about 5 mins later.

http://s15.postimg.org/j2lblv3vv/image.jpg

I got that message too! Tho I just got out of the game to make a post on the forum which took less then a minute and when I got back on it awarded me the tower. No five minute wait on my end :D

About The Simpsons Tapped Out General Discussion

Talk about your The Simpsons: Tapped Out experience with other TSTO players.49,394 PostsLatest Activity: 17 days ago