Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Abe wins funniest storyline....

Haha EA have been getting better lately, it's as if there's someone working for them hiding in the background reading our messages. Maybe it's Neo, he's changing the matrix to hide signs that we'd discover. :)
  • Completely agree. I loved the house farm reference. Besides the digs, the rest of the story is quite funny as well. Going to the Library to research what happened to him? lol.
  • chrisp530 wrote:
    Completely agree. I loved the house farm reference. Besides the digs, the rest of the story is quite funny as well. Going to the Library to research what happened to him? lol.

How many posts were made during the Herman's story saying the quest writing was poor when compared to the show? I think somebody listened because Abe's storyline is funny. Love the way he tries to blend in (oh and the part about him and Burns being friends because Burns is that old....!)
  • In full agreement. My wife and I were just talking about Lincoln having the funniest storyline.
    Fantastic.
  • I'm hoping the inclusion of Honest Abe leads to the inclusion of George Bush and a questline based on "Two Bad Neighbors".
  • I think you may have just converted this nay sayer.

I'm expecting you to reimburse me for the 150 donuts I had no plan on spending til I read your post! ;)
  • lissarv68 wrote:
    Honest Abe:
    Make Abraham Lincoln Split Rails
    Abraham Lincoln: Four scores and seven years ago, our fore fathers
    Abraham Lincoln: WHAT THE? WHERE DID GETTYSBURG GO? WHAT LAND IS THIS AND WHATS WITH ALL THE BLUE HOUSES?
    Frink: Good glaven, its Abraham Lincoln!
    Frink: The cashing-in of so many expensive donuts must have opened a wormhole to the past, ensnaring our sixteenth President!
    Abraham Lincoln: By Jingo, my good nerd! Are you talking about t-t-t-t…time travel?
    Frink: I am. Tell me – in your own time period, have you ever had contact with the ancestors of the Simpsons?
    Lisa: He did once. It was only a few lines of dialog, though. Its kind of hard to see how that justifies him appearing here.
    Frink: It does seem odd. Odd and desperate!
    Abraham Lincoln: This is a lot to digest. I need to relax, by doing the funnest, most rewarding activity in the world!

Notice the bolded parts.

I know some are complaining about his inclusion but I'm laughing my head off at the digs to many of the threads made on this forum.

"I hate house farmers!"

Dig about "blue houses"

"Spending too many donuts!"

Dig about "expensive donuts"

And then to top it all off? The last comment about odd and desperate to include him.

My verdict?

Well played, EA!

Very good, i do enjoy the sly playful digs at the forum. We are being watched :wink:
  • TRTX84 wrote:
    I'm hoping the inclusion of Honest Abe leads to the inclusion of George Bush and a questline based on "Two Bad Neighbors".

That is one of my favorite episodes. If you slow down the video and watch it frame by frame, when his memoirs get shredded, a piece of paper can be seen that reads "Quayle was an embarrassment" (or joke, foggy memory) flies in front of the screen. Thought it was also hilarious that Ford and Homer were like two peas in a pod. One of the examples of Simpson writing at it's best.