Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Anybody else extremely scared of the "store all" button?

nothing to be afraid of...
they worn you like 5 times before storing everything so it will be pretty difficult to do it by mistake...
  • I'm voting yes for two reasons.

1. They should have required a password.
    2. It will have bugs in the future if not now.

• My concern is someone else logging into my town in error, (which does happen quite a bit, check the bugs section of the forum) and having this stranger nuke my town for me.
  • I hadn't considered the thought of someone checking into my town and nuking it to be a jerk.

I accidentally found myself logged into someone else's Springfield once. I had just added a bunch of new neighbors (it was Thanksgiving or maybe Christmas) so I didn't notice it wasn't mine until I realized that I didn't know ANY of the people I was visiting. I hit the home button and it wasn't my town. So I clicked out, and came back in, and that time it was me. Hopefully that means I have good karma, because the only time I ended up in someone else's town, I visited his neighbors for him?

As far as using the nuke button on purpose, I'm afraid to. Not because it will be glitch, but because I tend to not finish what I start under the best of circumstances (although getting on Ritalin in my 40s has been a Godsend!) and I can see myself leaving a lot of my town in storage intending to finish it "someday...."
  • Yeah I kinda wary of the nuke button too, b'cos it's so close to the Store button, and given my fat finger... I would rather tap my Store button from the Build Menu (without nuke button) and not from the Move Menu (with nuke button).