Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Anyone else becoming addicted to this forum?

I am and not ashamed to admit it!
  • peruhomer wrote:
    melodyhodge wrote:
    Lol I so hear you on that. Although the game is a first for me, shamefully I was here Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, not to mention all the days in between too!!

You lot are like my extended Simpson family :)

Pleases don't let any of my 'cool' mates hear me say that....

I'm with you 100% here, I have to keep my Simpsons friends and my real life friends seperate. If my real life friends knew that not only was I addicted to a game about the Simpsons but I wrote on a forum about it, I would be caned without mercy.

This is very much a guilty pleasure for me :)

My husband is too cool for forums, games, or the internet (beyond work related stuff and fantasy football....of course *eye roll* lol) so he always looks at me like I'm crazy when I have to log in every hour to complete tasks and then come over here to check the forum. Yes, it is definitely something I would never speak about with my RL friends because they would also look at me like I've lost my mind.

But....yellow tinged people are so much fun!
  • Of course it the game 1st set all the tasks collect all the money then straight to the forum check out the scoop for an hour get back to game.....and repeat lol

My kids love this game although they know they can only play it when I'm around as my 3yr old boy loves spray painting friends houses lol as for the mrs she does not understand what this game means / is to every Simpson fan :D

BIG UP THE SIMPSONS TAPPED OUT
  • Kids....responding to the last two posters lol.

My 10 year old is the one who found this game, he kept asking me to help him design his town and that caused me to create my own town. He is a Chicken Invaders fiend so he quickly grew bored and left his town because there wasn't enough action. Now I'm babysitting that one as well as my own.

He has recently returned to his town and I find myself having to bite my tongue to stop him from doing something because in my mind it is now MY town since I've nurtured it for the past month while he was ignoring it. He also is donut happy. I got him one of the Gil deals and I keep having to remind him that he had better not spend those donuts on something stupid. He goes tap crazy and winds up spending donuts....so frustrating lol.

He only has 40 friends (he is only 10) and I do not allow him on this forum so his game is very slow going. I do the neighbor trick for him but that also is a hassle because he wants to spray paint the second he can get into a town and doesn't understand the going in and out 200 times just to get him 300K.

For those of you letting your kids play your game? WOW! I would never let him play my game, I'm too much of a control freak and my OCD is itching just thinking of him moving my stuff around and doing things. Hard enough giving him his game back can't imagine giving up control of mine lol.
  • mietze81937 wrote:
    I won´t admit my addiction yet. I am not ready to do so. Still on stage one: Denial.

I'm not addicted either, I just visit everyday.
  • In regards to above not kids though my brother.
    His 12, sees me playing my game 'OMG can I do something' I give in and ask him to tap buildings or when characters have finished (I wouldnt let him do anything else as Im a bit of a control freak to). Thankfully I did manage to cancel a sped up task before my donuts were taken.

This one time tho I go back to my town after he tapped all the thumbs up etc and Im like :shock: my town is different then I realized he purchased land :x
    I was pretty annoyed as I was saving for a building but I learnt my lesson lol