Forum Discussion

stevieort
New Spectator
9 years ago

Anyone Figure Out The New "Draw Area" Tool

If you're talking about what I think you are :
Select a whole area of your town (houses, trees & other decorations)
Then, you can move them all at once, or store them all at once, or sell them all at once.
Makes moving large areas thanks to new land alot easier!

• So you've just laid out a section of town, only to find out you need to move everything over 1 grid square...

Tap and hold, then slide to select. Let go and everything changes color. Move it all over 1 grid square. Boom.

Or say you want to store a bunch of walls and replace them with a different kind. Turn everything off but the walls (you can do that now), select them and hit store. Boom. It even tells you what you're storing and if you might be storing a character.

You can also sell a bunch of stuff the same way.

I've been using it like crazy all day long. I've "been gonna" move all this stuff around but oh it's gonna take forEVER to move all these trees and fences and walls and buildings and I'm gonna have to be careful or I'll mess it all up... I'm almost done. I've just got to move some monorail tracks over and I'm finished. Without the snipping tool it would have taken me days to do all this.

... And now I'm done.
  • Move tool. Next to the nuke button. Tap and hold to simplify storing/selling or deleting
  • Uddebo86 wrote:
    Move tool. Next to the nuke button. Tap and hold to simplify storing/selling or deleting

Huh. I didn't even know about the button. That's actually slightly helpful. I've been having difficulty doing the selections. The button makes it a little easier to do.
  • I think the tool is GREAT!

You can "click-drag" a large area, then store it, sell it, transplant it to a new location, even rotate the entire thing.

I've already used it a bunch. It's great for adjusting long walls that you wish were 1 or 2 squares over, but you never bothered because of all the clicking. Also for moving a building plot that you have a lot of decorations around and want to keep.

Let's say you picked up a section of your town and want to plop it down somewhere else, but there are objects blocking the new site. The tool will display a up/down arrow when you have selected a area and are hovered over an object. This gives you the option to either move the object on the ground(one click) or move the object inside the plot you're moving(two clicks).

SO HANDY :thumbup:
  • I'm creating a massive Vegas section of my town. This new tool is making the job incredibly easier.