Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Anyone having problems act 2?

The first act was much the same for me I think the daily challenges made the difference in the end for me
  • Why don't you have another look at the Strategy Thread, see if you are missing anything, like HisWrath mentioned. With the monotony of an Event, it's easy to miss something! :)

After being MIA for a few days at the beginning of Act II because of a dodgy iPad, I'm hoping to find time today to update the front page of the Strategy Thread, so that the information is relevant to Act II, maybe something will come from that to shine a light on the shortfall you are finding?
  • I've just been sending my homers to the poly-vac constantly. Doing the missions and visiting friends towns. I was going to do the glitch but couldn't be bothered. I'm coming up on 13,000 Chronons I haven't done anything to speed it up. The only thing I have which you may or may not is have the premium characters. But even if you don't have them you should be able to be ahead of the calendar.
  • I heard about the glitch after the fact. I'm way behind, but i'm done buying donuts. I've spent a small fortune buying them over the years, but things didn't used to cost as much as they now do. I'm not sweating getting all the free prizes. If I don't, so be it. Trying to play this event, like recent past events is hell trying to get everything done in time. I love this game, but EA has made it tiresome at times, and these events aren't as much fun to play, because of the lack of interacting, and having your friends know you were in their towns. Not being able to get resources in all my friends towns is also taking its toll.
  • Gary_A_D wrote:
    I heard about the glitch after the fact. I'm way behind, but i'm done buying donuts. I've spent a small fortune buying them over the years, but things didn't used to cost as much as they now do. I'm not sweating getting all the free prizes. If I don't, so be it. Trying to play this event, like recent past events is hell trying to get everything done in time. I love this game, but EA has made it tiresome at times, and these events aren't as much fun to play, because of the lack of interacting, and having your friends know you were in their towns. Not being able to get resources in all my friends towns is also taking its toll.

This^^^ 90%of this stuff is ugly and going into storage when this event is done, if its not there already, so im not too concerned about not getting something. I would like to get the characters for my OCD's sake though.
  • Gary_A_D wrote:
    I heard about the glitch after the fact. I'm way behind, but i'm done buying donuts. I've spent a small fortune buying them over the years, but things didn't used to cost as much as they now do. I'm not sweating getting all the free prizes. If I don't, so be it. Trying to play this event, like recent past events is hell trying to get everything done in time. I love this game, but EA has made it tiresome at times, and these events aren't as much fun to play, because of the lack of interacting, and having your friends know you were in their towns. Not being able to get resources in all my friends towns is also taking its toll.

Things are sometimes cheaper then what they used to be, mechanical ants being a perfect current example, and it seems like recently weve been getting some great deals on premium characters. So im not so sure i agree with "but things didn't used to cost as much as they now do" sentiment, and in fact i would disagree unless maybe your talking about decos that i usually dont pay as much attention to or buy.

I could agree there releasing much more premium content much quicker but im all for that and really like the one after another event schedule we have right now. I dont have to have everything so I dont find events terribly expensive i always just get the characters and npcs and maybe a deco or two.

I just finished a pretty major town re design during this event so I dont understand the argument down time is needed to spruce up your towns.