Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Being a good Christmas event neighbor

Glad I read this thread since you're one of my neighbors. I was doing the opposite. I built 7 additional Brown houses just for neighbor tapping but was just letting them sit there with the handshakes on them while I cleared all my other buildings for cash.
  • Well I'm starting to rethink this one. It may be that a brown house is tappable every five minutes, regardless of when it was tapped. I just went through my town with my feeder town, and noticed that all the tappable buildings were non handshake buildings. I'm going to do an experiment. I will know if what i just wrote is true in five mins :)
  • Well I think I figured it out. You can double tap buildings, but they are on a timer. And the timer is based on the timer of the unique building. So you can double tap a brown house once every five mins. But you can only double tap a blue house once every eight hours....I think. This is based on me tapping the brown house and the truffle, then going back five mins later and being able to tap the brown house again, but not the truffle. Either way I'm an idiot for starting this thread.
  • I threw up around 15 or so brown houses right next to my tree. Keeps all 100 friends happy from what I can tell.
  • I'm not ultra rich but I am trying not to collect from any building. I am a bit surprised that players are not tapping on high value building like burns manor or the prison. These take time to regen and if it was not Christmas; these would be the ones good neighbors tap first.

So I just collect from the taps. So remember there are players that could use that tap on the big value items and you still get the gift cards.

Happy Christmas to all
  • I stopped collecting from buildings from the start of the update. I clear out only the buildings that have been tapped. I notice people go toward the same areas SP, and the houses. If my neighbors are reading may I suggest you go right or north toward the wooded area. I dont think they have had problems finding things to tap though.

• Lyuketsu wrote:
    You guys have the right idea, building more quick money houses and buildings is a good way to do it, because on my days off i visit literally every few hours and clean up, so having those ones makes it easy for my neighbors. I hate it so much when i visit and the person doesn't have any houses or anything available so i have to go in and out for the simpson house. I have about 11 Kwik-E-Marts, 10 Gulp-and-Blows and a few crusty burgers, as well as my houses (i did it to get back up to 5 stars) so its never an issue for my people.
    Also, if you can, please add me, because i would really like to have maximum friends for events :)

Heh neighbor, sent a request from smoke020511, my third town if you still need friends. I have friends that are still in need of friends if your still short
  • This might make me a bad neighbour, but there's no way I'm going to redesign my Springfield and swamp it with buildings that quickly re-fresh just to be a better neighbour. There's even less of a way I'm not going to tap a building that's ready to collect. I'm afraid my neighbours will have to put up with that...
  • It's the area where you first enter your game. With this update it's where your iron Christmas tree is