Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Coincidence? I think not!

XBL-Heretic wrote:
Now, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I don't think the us federal government partial shutdown starting today is a coincidence. I think the house and senate coordinated for this shutdown to start at 12:01 am ET this morning so everyone could be home to get the TSTO update today!

Think about it. They know much of the federal workforce wouldn't be getting a lot of work done over the next fees weeks because of the update. Government networks would have been HAMMERED today, completely saturated due to government employees downloading the update.

Of course, this is a partial shutdown, with some federal employees still working. I suspect the early glitches with the federal ACA insurance exchange websites are those employees, who are still working, saturating the network constantly checking for the update!

Maybe that's why EA is waiting to release the update? EA planned for a certain amount of network capacity over the next 24 hours assuming more is needed in the evening hours after most people get home from work. With so many federal employees at home today, EA needs more network capacity during the day.

So it looks like the us federal government partial shutdown is screwing up a lot of things, including the start of our Halloween event!

Leave it to the Government to mess it all up!! I'm dying over here!!! I have donuts to use...hee hee :wink:
  • XBL-Heretic wrote:
    Now, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I don't think the us federal government partial shutdown starting today is a coincidence. I think the house and senate coordinated for this shutdown to start at 12:01 am ET this morning so everyone could be home to get the TSTO Halloween update today!

Think about it. They know much of the federal workforce wouldn't be getting a lot of work done over the next few weeks because of the update. Government networks would have been HAMMERED today, completely saturated due to government employees downloading the update.

Of course, this is a partial shutdown, with some federal employees still working. I suspect the early glitches with the federal ACA insurance exchange websites are those employees, who are still working, saturating the network constantly checking for the update!

Maybe that's why EA is waiting to release the update? EA planned for a certain amount of network capacity over the next 24 hours assuming more is needed in the evening hours after most people get home from work. With so many federal employees at home today, EA needs more network capacity during the day.

So it looks like the us federal government partial shutdown is screwing up a lot of things, including the start of our Halloween event!

Edit: autocorrect correction

Apparently, they are testing TSTO updates at Area 51 that would blow your mind. These are updates that are far more advanced compared with anything we have seen. I have said too much.
  • paulzuk wrote:
    Apparently, they are testing TSTO updates at Area 51 that would blow your mind. These are updates that are far more advanced compared with anything we have seen. I have said too much.

*knock* ... *knock* ... *knock*

Hey Paulzuk! Someone's knocking on your door!
  • jjnag1971 wrote:
    True. Facts & scientific evidence have no place in civilised cultures.

Woah! Now hold on there jjnag1971! No need to use the "S" word in polite company! Please take a seat and relax. Someone will be in momentarily to check up on you...
  • XBL-Heretic wrote:
    paulzuk wrote:

*knock* ... *knock* ... *knock*

Hey Paulzuk! Someone's knocking on your door!

Oh... ummm, not home at the moment. Leave a message after the bleep.