Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Concrete wall

dtpavey wrote:
impossible to make a complete wall around something without any gaps.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

• neuroheart wrote:
    dtpavey wrote:

umpossible?
    barryriddl474
    Seasoned Newcomer
    dtpavey wrote:
    The edges of the concrete walls won't overlap like the wooden fences so it makes it impossible to make a complete wall around something without any gaps. Something EA needs to look into.

It takes a minute to get the hang of the concrete walls, but they all have to be facing a certain direction to work together. Experiment with it some more and you'll see what I mean.
  • neuroheart wrote:
    dtpavey wrote:

@neuro: You always have the best descriptive images! :D

@OP: Here's another. There ARE some shortcomings to the concrete wall. It's not as flexible as a picket fence, when stacking or staggering to recreate a tapered effect. A little bit of practice and a little bit of overlooking the parts beyond our control, and i think it makes a better garage then pickets.

This garage has three instances of flaws i could not overcome. 1. Just above the pylons, you can see the vertical wall isn't smooth. 2. Above the gym, you can see the bulkhead is not at the same height. 3. And of course the wall tapering down the ramp had vertical gaps between the slabs. I had to flip walls to fit tightly to the pavement behind them though, when working to simulate the 3D effect of the structure. I wish the wall worked more like the purple stone wall.