Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Curved walls feedback

First off I think the introduction of curved walls is neat. It’s something a lot of people have requested and it’s cool to see it implemented. That being said I can’t help but feel the execution, sparing bugs and glitches, is… kinda bad.

From what I can tell none of the previously released windows or doors have any added curvature or updated meshes to conform to the curved walls. There are a handful of compatible options, and those just seem to be assets that didn’t look awful without modification and still have noticeable overhang. Meanwhile windows that come in the new pack appear to have additional curvature to actually morph to the wall properly.

I get that updating every window and door is a big undertaking but how does management green light a feature like curved walls while denying the functional requirement of updating doors and windows to actually work with them? I don’t see the point in patching this function into the base game while the truly compatible assets are still locked behind a $40 purchase.

Are all future windows and doors going to be properly compatible with the curved walls? Are base game + other dlc windows being updated to be compatible? I think the developers backed themselves into a corner here and I think this feature will end up falling to the wayside out of the expense of upkeep.