Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Consumerism question

Disco Stu's - Obedience (10pts)
Lard Lad - Gluttony (10pts)
Krustylu Studios - Obedience (10pts)

If you need Consumerism, the only (premium) buildings that add to that are SprawlMart, Ferris Wheel (can have multiples of), Pet Shop and Try N Save. All add 10pts to it each.
  • dave3490 wrote:
    especially as it's consumerism that's not budging from the current 4 stars i have no matter what i add to my town :(

Ugh, tell me about it! There's a reason I know that things like the gift depot increase consumerism and the wax museum does not; I checked a number of random things to get an idea of how much consumerism I had. Xmas gave me a total of five consumerism buildings, and I spent donuts to get Howard's Flowers, and I built two extra Kwik e marts, and in total I have something like 22 consumerism buildings (unless I counted wrong) and still, I'm barely at 4 stars. Storing my two extra Kwik e marts will drop me to 3.5 stars.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: consumerism needs a decoration just like gluttony, obedience, and righteousness.
  • Much as I like the vending machine idea, I think those are more likely to be gluttony boosters if they're ever introduced. Advertisements (non-premium billboards or a bus stop with advertising) and shopping carts would be our best bet for consumerism.
  • ericborovay wrote:
    they could add a souvenir cart for the squidport.

That's a good idea!
  • Some buildings that could be for consumerism could include the leftorium or red blazer realty