Forum Discussion

bluntcard
New Traveler
8 years ago

Decoration limit 2017, let's be real

So, for anyone who has played this game for a significant amount of time, a real issue is approaching, and soon it's going to be a major problem in the game. There was a time when the decoration limit was only a problem for those who placed way too many decorations, too many trees, etc.

But now we are at a place where even if you place the most minimal of decorations, with the amount of land offered and what has become a constant flow of events and mini events with almost zero break, there is so much new content that it has become almost impossible to place everything without deleting items from other events.

An increase of 100 or so items each six months isn't going to cut it anymore. Something has to give. Either there has to be a drastic increase in the deco limit or items like walls and shrubs need to be counted in fourths or eighths rather than equaling a full sized deco.

I have huge lakes in my SF, I would say a fourth of my town, and don't own all the available land and am very close to the deco limit.

What should be done? Continue your Springfield in a new window? Shelbyville? Something has to give, soon.
  • "PatrickSays;c-1649791" wrote:
    it's been said so many times - COUNT % FROM ITEMS IN STORAGE! ugh :(

otherwise, i've taken to deleting all my fences and trees a long time ago. i haven't hit the limit yet due to all the deletions, but i'm sure i'ts coming. my percent is 1,500%.

This is probably a factor in their decision. They don't want us to have exceedingly large multipliers because they want us to buy donuts.
  • "jukan00;c-1649494" wrote:
    I think we're reaching a "Decoration Limit" thread limit. :D

Amen. It’s not that people aren’t raising good points (and counterpoints). It’s just that I’ve heard this same stuff a zillion times. And what’s really frustrating is the near certainty that game-wise nothing is going to radically change.
  • @AJtheboss1 KL failed because there isn't anything else you can do to it. There's a handful of decorations, and once you use them, you can't do anything else. If it was just access to new land and the use of all decorations, it would work.
  • "AJtheboss1;c-1649762" wrote:

Personally, I think they should create long chain versions of commonly used decorations. A group of trees. 4 and 8 length fences, walls and hedges, etc. that would significantly increase the decoration limit.

This is a great idea!

• "bluntcard;d-121963" wrote:

An increase of 100 or so items each six months isn't going to cut it anymore.

Item limits have been regularly raised, generally when there is a main event.
    http://i.imgur.com/9PG5fEbl.jpg
    I do feel that each item should only count as 1 though, it seems rather arbitrary which items count as more than 1, especially items in the sea.
  • As someone has mentioned, I might just strip my SF down to a more authentic Springfield, getting rid of all non-Simpsons items. Hmmmmmm. I like this idea.
  • "bluntcard;c-1652508" wrote:
    As someone has mentioned, I might just strip my SF down to a more authentic Springfield, getting rid of all non-Simpsons items. Hmmmmmm. I like this idea.

The only issue with doing that is the number of non Springfield items that have a multiplier attached to them, although I suppose you could hide those items behind the taller buildings.
  • I think the deco limit has more to do with file size and storage issues. As the devs/programmers update old code with new code, it frees more memory, so program and file sizes stay smaller, so that they can work on a broader range of devices. A 1GB+ file is a huge use of resources on most devices that have 16gb of internal memory (Andriod). iPads aren't as affected by this, except for older devices with smaller internal memory sizes.
  • Not sure that storage is an issue to be truthful if anything it's more likely that the amount of ram and the processor in the device is far more important.