Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Decoration Limit PSA

7500 is still the maximum allowed number of items. Once you reach this number you will no longer be able to place any buildings or decorations without removing others.
  • cl891 wrote:
    7500 is still the maximum allowed number of items. Once you reach this number you will no longer be able to place any buildings or decorations without removing others.

Thank you for the update. I sure hoped they would make an increase. I guess I should be happy they did not do what they did with WD and make a hard deco limit of 3000
  • I'm sure this is a silly question, but how do you figure out how many items you have up in your town and how close you are to your limit? Or do you just wait until the message comes up that says you have too many items?
    Just curious .
  • battkatt wrote:
    I'm sure this is a silly question, but how do you figure out how many items you have up in your town and how close you are to your limit? Or do you just wait until the message comes up that says you have too many items?
    Just curious .

After you hit 4500 you will get a message saying that it is "suggested' you stay under 4500 and for every 250 or so after that you will get an update with how many you have.

No, none of us counted all our decorations :wink:
  • brettolmsted wrote:
    battkatt wrote:
    I'm sure this is a silly question, but how do you figure out how many items you have up in your town and how close you are to your limit? Or do you just wait until the message comes up that says you have too many items?
    Just curious .

After you hit 4500 you will get a message saying that it is "suggested' you stay under 4500 and for every 250 or so after that you will get an update with how many you have.

No, none of us counted all our decorations :wink:

Ok cool, that's sounds good, I was hoping no one had that much free time to count their decoration! Haha, I wouldn't know where to begin!! Sounds like I will just keep adding more stuff then! Thanks!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
  • Resurrecting old thread to ask whether items in storage count toward maximum ... I'm sure it's been said before but ...

Trying to decide how many Christmas trimmings to buy, knowing they'll spend most of the year in storage ...
  • First of all, you should have picked a different thread to bump :D I read the first line, without looking at the date, and saw "Okay, with the new land that EA gave us, YEAH!!!!" and thought the mini-update yesterday added more land and I just missed it. I was really happy for about 15 seconds. Now I'm sad again and it's all your fault. (I'm joking of course)

To answer your questions, from what I have read, the stuff in your storage does count towards your decorations limit.
  • direwolf987 wrote:
    First of all, you should have picked a different thread to bump :D I read the first line, without looking at the date, and saw "Okay, with the new land that EA gave us, YEAH!!!!" and thought the mini-update yesterday added more land and I just missed it. I was really happy for about 15 seconds. Now I'm sad again and it's all your fault. (I'm joking of course)

To answer your questions, from what I have read, the stuff in your storage does count towards your decorations limit.

ROFLMAO! I am so sorry. My reaction would have been the same as yours. I never thought to read those posts in detail. This is what I get for scanning text.
    :oops:
  • annettemarc wrote:
    direwolf987 wrote:
    First of all, you should have picked a different thread to bump :D I read the first line, without looking at the date, and saw "Okay, with the new land that EA gave us, YEAH!!!!" and thought the mini-update yesterday added more land and I just missed it. I was really happy for about 15 seconds. Now I'm sad again and it's all your fault. (I'm joking of course)

ROFLMAO! I am so sorry. My reaction would have been the same as yours. I never thought to read those posts in detail. This is what I get for scanning text.
    :oops:

Storage items do not appear to count towards the 7500 limit
  • I'm relieved to see its 7500.

I received

Yesterday, And still have about 10-13 buildings I haven't done anything to.
  • Are they counting simple decorations the same as the really elaborate ones? I'd assume that a motionless white picket fence takes a lot less memory whatchamacallits than, say, an animated reindeer.