Forum Discussion

12 years ago

deleted threads

Apparently asking why a thread got deleted is a violation of TOS.... Clowns.
  • Not really interested in why threads get deleted, dont expect a mod to have to explain their decision. But at least pm the OP and the person who posts something that causes it. Far better to edit posts and lock threads though saves confusion. Same with merging threads, if you just merge a thread without letting anyone know they will wonder where it went!
  • beeblebrox900 wrote:
    Same with merging threads, if you just merge a thread without letting anyone know they will wonder where it went!

As for all the new egg trading / asking threads popping up, I don't see a point on why a notification should be sent because you only have to check the sticky threads ...
  • CallMeAceRag wrote:
    beeblebrox900 wrote:
    Same with merging threads, if you just merge a thread without letting anyone know they will wonder where it went!

As for all the new egg trading / asking threads popping up, I don't see a point on why a notification should be sent because you only have to check the sticky threads ...

In those cases annoying as they maybe they shouldnt be deleted they should be locked with an explanation post.
  • beeblebrox900 wrote:
    Not really interested in why threads get deleted, dont expect a mod to have to explain their decision. But at least pm the OP and the person who posts something that causes it. Far better to edit posts and lock threads though saves confusion. Same with merging threads, if you just merge a thread without letting anyone know they will wonder where it went!

To be honest I got a pm when my post was gona get merged and I also got a reason why a thread got locked. I think they keep the cr@p of theses forum well. Have u been on here before the mod? It was terrible full of spam and faqs in general discussion. Also what u have to remeber is the user may complain about threads or posts and its there job to deal with it. It may not be ur thead that has offended but it could be the ppls reactions to it.

But I agree if you don't get any notification I'm just stating I did on all occasions :mrgreen:
  • I'm not saying it happens in all cases, I know the mods have a tough job and on the whole they do a very good job. I was an admin on a much larger forum than this and it drove me mad so I stepped way from it, so I understand that its tough and unrewarding most of the time. I was here before there were moderators and it certainly is an improvement. I havent personally had a thread deleted, just posted in some right before they were deleted. Could be unfortunate timing, but its a little frustrating have typed something out only to have it removed, especially when typed on a tablet ;) and especially when you cant see a reason for it going.
  • beeblebrox900 wrote:
    I'm not saying it happens in all cases, I know the mods have a tough job and on the whole they do a very good job. I was an admin on a much larger forum than this and it drove me mad so I stepped way from it, so I understand that its tough and unrewarding most of the time. I was here before there were moderators and it certainly is an improvement. I havent personally had a thread deleted, just posted in some right before they were deleted. Could be unfortunate timing, but its a little frustrating have typed something out only to have it removed, especially when typed on a tablet ;) and especially when you cant see a reason for it going.

I agree it's frustrating wen u type out a post and its gone but then again it's saved me from saying something I'd regret :oops: lol
  • Ha ha yes, sometimes we all need saving from ourselves!

But its why I dislike thread deletion so much, especially if there are multiple contributors, as its not just the OP or offender that are effected. There are the other posters in the thread to consider. Even if its a silly throwaway comment.
    If someone is spamming the forum, fine delete it. There is obviously no need to pm people in those cases. But almost all the time locking athread is a better option, it'll just drop down the list in no time at all and everyone knows where they stand. No confusion, no frustration and it also serves as a notice to others not to do it.
  • Not going to discuss any details, but i'd just like to say I have had a more than satisfactory explanation as to whats happened here and withdraw my objections.
  • beeblebrox900 wrote:
    Not going to discuss any details, but i'd just like to say I have had a more than satisfactory explanation as to whats happened here and withdraw my objections.

That's good to hear! :mrgreen:

About The Simpsons Tapped Out General Discussion

Talk about your The Simpsons: Tapped Out experience with other TSTO players.49,393 PostsLatest Activity: 8 hours ago