Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Do you see the game ever reaching a "capped point?" Read thread.

sW1zZ_cH3zZ wrote:
- Will there be a point when there is too many things in towns where devices cannot support play anymore?

Is is already in place. I know much less about Android devices, but I know for a fact, the IOS support cuts off. For example you probably can't use an iPhone 3 / 3GS or less (also iPod Touch 3rd gen). There is a minimal IOS support version. It might be up to the iPhone 4 / 4S now.

I know the iPads have a longer life, so not sure which iPads are cut. Basically the device requires IOS 7 or 8 - so at some point, Apple says that particular devices cannot support that version of IOS, hence not able to play this game on those devices.
  • Someday, there will be no more Simpsons episodes, hence no game. I love both the show and game, but nothing lasts forever. I say yes to your question because it's inevitable.
  • Ullman shorts,Christmas shows,
    Marge's fling,Homer's bro,
    Bart in well,Flanders fails,
    whacking snakes,monorail,

Mr. Plow,Homer space,
    Sideshow Bob--steps on rakes,
    Lisa's future,Selma's hubby,
    Marge not proud,Homer chubby,

Homer worries Bart is gay,
    Poochie, U2, NRA,
    hippies, Vegas and Japan,
    octuplets,and Bart's boy band,

Marge murmmers,Maude croaks,
    Lisa buddhist,Homer Broke,
    Maggie blows Burns away,
    what else do I have to say?!

They'll Never Stop the Simpsons!
    Have no fears they got content for years!

• Definitely no and I agree with some of you here that if we have 27 years of the cartoon why shouldn't the game last longer?

As I have suggested many, many times but consistently ignored by EA.. why not they treat the bonus % like who they did with SH where people would still get recognised the bonus % even if it is placed in inventory? I have got a few premium items and is benefiting from it for sure, but given the lack of land, I cannot put all of those out...

In terms of device, if this game can be played on browser it would be great as well and they really need new content to keep this going. There are much they have not released and keep those events coming! long live TSTO!
  • mudkicker7672 wrote:
    Had to be the first to vote not sure, just to be the first.

This is exactly why people shouldn't take opinion polls TOO seriously 8)
  • options should have been:
    Yes
    No
    Maybe
    I don't know
    Can you repeat the question?
    please

LateNightSimmer wrote:
    Someday, there will be no more Simpsons episodes, hence no game. I love both the show and game, but nothing lasts forever. I say yes to your question because it's inevitable.

uh there's so much stuff left to get from past episodes that you've no idea
    devilhunt1449 wrote:
    While we keep living in our throw away society of upgrading devices to the latest and greatest newest version then I can't see why they need to be capping the game that way, as to older devices that's already happening, there have been several posts from players on this forum saying that they were playing the game yesterday but now that the update has come out it keeps telling them that their device is not supported.
    really? i've a old phone, Galaxy s2 mini, the game still works great no lag lol
    lawpatrick wrote:
    Definitely no and I agree with some of you here that if we have 27 years of the cartoon why shouldn't the game last longer?

As I have suggested many, many times but consistently ignored by EA.. why not they treat the bonus % like who they did with SH where people would still get recognised the bonus % even if it is placed in inventory? I have got a few premium items and is benefiting from it for sure, but given the lack of land, I cannot put all of those out...

In terms of device, if this game can be played on browser it would be great as well and they really need new content to keep this going. There are much they have not released and keep those events coming! long live TSTO!
    uh SH? if you mean the prices that's different since they're prizes and the currency is different then multiplier.
    For browser it'd require basicly rewriting everything from scratch probably (that's why no windows phone either other than the fact that wp os is shit lol). they easily did it for kindle cause kindle is basicly a modified android (apk for android works on kindle too)
  • josebot533 wrote:
    As long as it remains profitable the game will not be ending anytime soon. As long as EA is making a decent product it won't die. So, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Just because a game is profitable doesn't mean EA will keep the TSTO servers running. EA could make a business decision to focus their resources on other games that are either more profitable or have the potential to be more profitable. Every game will have a life cycle where it will reach a peak, then slowly decline, as people stop playing and move on to the next hot trendy game.
  • TL;DR

Yes, all good things come to an end. It will end someday.

But it won't be this year, probably not next year or the year after that either. Plenty of content still to add, and plenty of money still to be made. There really is nothing else to say. So keep calm and tap on. :wink:
  • jimmydingo wrote:
    Ullman shorts,Christmas shows,
    Marge's fling,Homer's bro,
    Bart in well,Flanders fails,
    whacking snakes,monorail,

Mr. Plow,Homer space,
    Sideshow Bob--steps on rakes,
    Lisa's future,Selma's hubby,
    Marge not proud,Homer chubby,

Homer worries Bart is gay,
    Poochie, U2, NRA,
    hippies, Vegas and Japan,
    octuplets,and Bart's boy band,

Marge murmmers,Maude croaks,
    Lisa buddhist,Homer Broke,
    Maggie blows Burns away,
    what else do I have to say?!

They'll Never Stop the Simpsons!
    Have no fears they got content for years!

Have no fears, we've got stories for years, like
    Marge becomes a robot,
    Maybe Moe gets a cell phone, has Bart ever owned a bear?
    Or, how 'bout a crazy wedding?
    Where something happens and doo doo doo doo doo...
    Sorry for the clip show.
    Have no fears, we've got stories for years!