Forum Discussion

jennyarca
Rising Novice
3 months ago

Newcrest cannot reach after last patch

Since the last patch in early June 2024, the Newcrest world is causing problem.

• all households in my Newcrest have been transferred to "currently not in world"
  • after I transferred those household back to their house, I CAN edit the sims through CAS
  • however, I can't reach those households through play mode and build mode because it takes a forever time to launch.  I can only quit the game by Ctrl+Alt+Del
  • Same for the other empty lots in Newcrest - it takes a forever time to reach the build mode.  I can only quit the game by Ctrl+Alt+Del
  • Sometimes the wordings in the loading screen stopped to change, only the crystal is moving
  • I have removed all the mods, delete all the cache file and resource.cfg then repair the game, no use
  • I tried to reach Newcrest without any mods after the repair, still no use
  • When I'm playing the household in other worlds, I made them to visit Newcrest.  The same problem happened
  • I made my sim in other world to purchase a rental lot in Newcrest, the game glitched and send me to the "choose world map" page

Have you guys got the same problem?  How can I repair this...please help me😭

• Then I'm sorry, but I don't know what else to suggest.  If it's any consolation, this kind of corruption is getting more common, which means it's possible there will be some kind of fix sooner or later.

In the interim, you could keep playing this save forward and just ignore Newcrest.  Or you could move your sims to a new save and fix their relationships with MCCC.  Or you could wait for a bit and spend the time building and making sims, although it doesn't sound like that's what you want to do right now.

• Then I'm sorry, but I don't know what else to suggest.  If it's any consolation, this kind of corruption is getting more common, which means it's possible there will be some kind of fix sooner or later.

In the interim, you could keep playing this save forward and just ignore Newcrest.  Or you could move your sims to a new save and fix their relationships with MCCC.  Or you could wait for a bit and spend the time building and making sims, although it doesn't sound like that's what you want to do right now.

• Did your sim purchase a residential rental before the other problems happened, or after?  RR lots have been corrupting worlds for a while now.

Separately, if you view Newcrest through Manage Worlds, without trying to load an individual lot, does it look normal, or something like this?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Orange-Green-Exclamation-signs-over-lots-Houses-disappear/m-p/10533991

The problem isn't fixable once the world has corrupted like this, so the only fix would be to revert to a previous save.  Even if you don't see those orange/green exclamation points, it sounds like the world might be corrupt beyond repair.  If you haven't saved too many times since you noticed the problem, you can try reverting to a backup save, as described here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/

• I bought the For Rent pack on its issuing date but I built my first apartment in April this year, and that apartment is in Komorebi, not Newcrest.

From April to early June, I could reach Newcrest without any problem.

All 3 households in Newcrest are living in normal residential houses, there are no RR type rental apartment there.

There are no orange/green exclamation points in Newcrest too.

I remember something strange too...One day I tried to launch the play mode of one Newcrest family, I heard that short main theme background music which you can hear right before launching a household.  However, after that music gone, it still the loading screen with other background music...😅

• With no mods or custom content present, can you move a household from Newcrest elsewhere, then bulldoze the house itself, or replace it with one from the Gallery?  Please test if you haven't already, specifically removing an empty house after you've placed the sims elsewhere.

If this doesn't work, then it appears that your only option here is to revert to a backup save, if you have an unaffected or less-affected version available.

jennyarca
      Rising Novice

No, I couldn't launch any single lots in Newcrest after all mods removed.

As my game usually crashes when my sims are traveling, or kids changing into black faces after pulling out the milk teeth, I used to save my game frequently (2 times in a sim day).  It's not possible to find a backup before the last month's patch😭

• Update status:

After the previous patch, I can hear the sounds of expending simleons (coins sound) when the blue screen is running.  However, after the coin sound, still a forever loading screen...