Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Donuts

I see a lot of people that have 10 000+ donuts, billions of dollars and are at level 586. I've been playing this game for 4 years now and am only at level 102.. They talk about farming donuts. Can someone dumb it down for me? I'd like to try this so I could get more monies and donuts but get super confused on how to "farm donuts"
    Jonalinn
    New Spectator
    "DaveF-2016;1575244" wrote:
    I tried this the other day, had about three million cash, put five doughnuts into the collider, bought some bloodmobiles and rat trap trucks to get those five doughnuts back, then placed about 16 Kwik-e-marts every four hours, just to see how it worked, think I levelled up about six times, so six more doughnuts (i'm not sure exactly as I got some bonuts from monorail, bonus pins and where's Maggie as well as a couple from tapping neighbour towns as my FP is at maximum)..plus i'm still doing the main quests so Level 41 and 42 buildings got me a lot of XP when I built those as well...

It was worth a try and I know a bit better now what to do next time and I still had about two million cash left at the end of it, so once the event is over and I get a bit of downtime, I might give it another go....

My rule #1 for next time though is to start building the Kwik-e-Marts and wait until they're almost done before starting the collider, might cost me small fortune as i'll have to have another set running as well so my last set will finish before the collider does, but you can always rebuild cash in time

For me, I do mini-farming in my game daily.. usually a few times a day. It goes something like this...

Overnight, I'll send the majority of my characters out on 8 hr tasks. In the morning, when I ck the game, I'll clear them and earn between $4.5/$5.5M from their tasks. I then purchase 20 to 25 bloodmobiles/rat trap trucks using the cash earned overnight. From the truck purchases, I earn about 100(?)* donuts. I then sell the trucks back to the store and bank what $ was refunded. Lather, rinse, repeat a few times a day. My collider runs 24/7 consistently.

*the game is offline right now but when it comes back up, I can give you a more accurate amount of donuts earned per mini-farm.
  • "Jonalinn;1575379" wrote:
    I tried this the other day, had about three million cash, put five doughnuts into the collider, bought some bloodmobiles and rat trap trucks to get those five doughnuts back, then placed about 16 Kwik-e-marts every four hours, just to see how it worked, think I levelled up about six times, so six more doughnuts (i'm not sure exactly as I got some bonuts from monorail, bonus pins and where's Maggie as well as a couple from tapping neighbour towns as my FP is at maximum)..plus i'm still doing the main quests so Level 41 and 42 buildings got me a lot of XP when I built those as well...

It was worth a try and I know a bit better now what to do next time and I still had about two million cash left at the end of it, so once the event is over and I get a bit of downtime, I might give it another go....

My rule #1 for next time though is to start building the Kwik-e-Marts and wait until they're almost done before starting the collider, might cost me small fortune as i'll have to have another set running as well so my last set will finish before the collider does, but you can always rebuild cash in time

For me, I do mini-farming in my game daily.. usually a few times a day. It goes something like this...

Overnight, I'll send the majority of my characters out on 8 hr tasks. In the morning, when I ck the game, I'll clear them and earn between $4.5/$5.5M from their tasks. I then purchase 20 to 25 bloodmobiles/rat trap trucks using the cash earned overnight. From the truck purchases, I earn about 100(?)* donuts. I then sell the trucks back to the store and bank what $ was refunded. Lather, rinse, repeat a few times a day. My collider runs 24/7 consistently.

*the game is offline right now but when it comes back up, I can give you a more accurate amount of donuts earned per mini-farm.

I'm lucky if I get $4.5 to $5.5k overnight ...haha... remember I only started last August so don't have that many characters or a big base XP multiplier, I do set my people off on tasks constantly though, eight hours overnight, eight to twelve hours when I'm at work and then hourly whenever i'm free, so they're basically earning most of the time...

My problem is I cannot use my phone at work unless I'm on a break and that's usually not long and only enough time for a meal, during events I can probably sneak in every four hours to do the basics, but its not recommended or feasible, so I need days off (or a week off as was the case when I tried it) to attempt such things..

Thanks for your input though, it's nice to know what is achievable once I get up to the point where my money is generating quicker and options become available
    Jonalinn
    New Spectator
    "DaveF-2016;1575471" wrote:
    "Jonalinn;1575379" wrote:

I'm lucky if I get $4.5 to $5.5k overnight ...haha... remember I only started last August so don't have that many characters or a big base XP multiplier, I do set my people off on tasks constantly though, eight hours overnight, eight to twelve hours when I'm at work and then hourly whenever i'm free, so they're basically earning most of the time...

My problem is I cannot use my phone at work unless I'm on a break and that's usually not long and only enough time for a meal, during events I can probably sneak in every four hours to do the basics, but its not recommended or feasible, so I need days off (or a week off as was the case when I tried it) to attempt such things..

Thanks for your input though, it's nice to know what is achievable once I get up to the point where my money is generating quicker and options become available

Oh Dave, I totally understand where you're coming from.. we were all there once too! :) I just wanted to share my experience with you so you could see what is possible down the line as you gain more bonus percentage points. You're absolutely right, more options become available to you. I also wanted to share that I do not KEM farm (not that there's anything wrong with it, I just prefer buying/returning trucks). You are definitely on the right track!
  • "Jonalinn;1575493" wrote:
    "DaveF-2016;1575471" wrote:
    "Jonalinn;1575379" wrote:

Oh Dave, I totally understand where you're coming from.. we were all there once too! :) I just wanted to share my experience with you so you could see what is possible down the line as you gain more bonus percentage points. You're absolutely right, more options become available to you. I also wanted to share that I do not KEM farm (not that there's anything wrong with it, I just prefer buying/returning trucks). You are definitely on the right track!

Thanks, I think KEM farming seemed more appealing to me when I tried, as it didn't seem to hit my money as much as blood/rat traps, but they would be a better and easier option once IGC isn't so much of an issue... now if only we could actually play it... :neutral:
    Jonalinn
    New Spectator
    "DaveF-2016;1575500" wrote:

Thanks, I think KEM farming seemed more appealing to me when I tried, as it didn't seem to hit my money as much as blood/rat traps, but they would be a better and easier option once IGC isn't so much of an issue... now if only we could actually play it... :neutral:

Lots of players are very pleased with KEM farming and do very well by it :) As for the game, I hope we get back in soon ::fingers crossed!::