Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Drive in alien

UnicronSkyFinger wrote:
Is he worth it? Does he have tasks or a walking deco?

Also....what's a drive in???

He has tasks and a drive in is an outside cinema where you can watch from your car.It shows movies that work like KBBL, Channel 6 and Cletus' farm.
  • I like him. He does have outdoor tasks.

One thing to note - he interacts with Lisa most of his quest-line, and she has to do tasks, which takes her away from trick or treating. None of his quests gives you any Halloween related stuff. If I had it to do over again - I would wait to buy him closer to the end of the event.
  • I also like the alien and drive in movie. Right now you can play 4 to 5 different movies, the longest right now is 3 1/2 hours long. it's pretty cool, but hope in the future they add a marathon 24 hr movie.
  • UnicronSkyFinger wrote:

Old style movie theatre- drive up and watch in your car- used to have little boxes you hung on the window for sound, now you can listen on a radio station. People should really go if you are lucky enough like me to have one close- soooo cool. Ours plays double features and is way cheaper than the actual movie theaters... And has really good food!
  • Anyone else hoping for The Bloodening?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Q0c8UDRhxtc/UpqPThn7XvI/AAAAAAAAAm8/Vmq1Wu_Quh4/s1600/conosemos.jpg
  • The Drive In is one of my favorite parts of this event!! I am real stingy with My donuts and often second guess my purchases but not with this one. I love that the drive in plays movies. Definitely recommend
  • The Drive In is one of my favorite parts of this event!! I am real stingy with My donuts and often second guess my purchases but not with this one. I love that the drive in plays movies. Definitely recommend
  • UnicronSkyFinger wrote:

You must be young or not from the United States. A drive in movie is a classic American tradition. They take an empty dirt lot, throw up huge white painted wood screens. There is a concession stand, usually in the middle where you buy all your goodies and that is also where the projectors are usually at to shoot the film onto the screen. Cars enter at dusk (it used to be you would pay one price per car load and/or only pay for the people you can see in the car so people would pile/hide in the trunk), like up in row. You can sit on top of your car, use a convertible, lay in the back of a truck, or sit on lawn chairs (I have thrown a futon mattress in the back of my truck and also my SUV with the back hatch up). The other alternative is to sit inside your car, which is effective for "necking." The drive in offers a double feature so it's two movies for the price of one. Early in the AM when you finally leave you drive over the "one way spikes" where if you back up you will slash your tires.

While there are still some around the States, they are getting few in far between. I am only 33 and have been to them often.

Here are a couple clips to help you visualize (also the Simpsons episode where Moe got a girlfriend and has Homer steal his car, Homer stops at the drive in to see Hail to the Chimp)