Forum Discussion

10 years ago

EA Screwing us again

If this had been a fault on EA's end no one would have been able to play the game, which clearly is not the case here. During the event i have seen less than a handful of reports of the game crashing but none in the manner you describe.

Furthermore i want to point out that the buy now price is justifiable since rail yard yields free donuts for the fifth challenge each week

As for fixes i can think of two possible ways that could resolve the issue
1) Try deleting all data thatcare associated with tapped out and then try rerunning the app

2 ) Try reinstalling the app all together.

I hope this helps
Better luck on the next event

~WHM
  • After the last update, it works fine. The support rep told me many players were in the same position. It may have been a server issue, but it wasn't isolated. I've contacted EA, but nothing yet.
  • KosmoPowers wrote:
    I was one of the many that couldn't take part in the third act of the monorail event. I reported it to EA support and was told I had two options, which many of you might know of. 1) Roll back the game to before the freezing started, ie. the entire Monorail event, losing all of my progress. 2) Wait it out for the next update to see if they fix the issue.
    I waited for the update and expressed my annoyance with (surprisingly an American) support member, who seemed sympathetic. I mentioned to him that I really wanted to get Sebastian Cobb and the Rail Yard. Looking over the forums, it looks like a lot of you were able to get quite far in getting him, but for me who had no opportunity to gather bells and whistles, he costs 400 BATD@MN DONUTS. Had I been able to get the f*&$ing app to load, I'd have had no trouble getting him. Now I can't continue building my Monorail without forking out cash for an error on their part.

:evil:
    This past month has really pist me off.

Honestly, I completely understand your frustration - what I don't understand is when people defend the EA for the horrible bug and glitch fest they have been celebrating at the players' expense the past few months.

As we all know, the Monorail event was particularly bad with tons of problems and glitches that were completely unpredictable and affected players in many different ways. So, even though a better device might help and memory issues on your end might have played a role, in the end it is EA's duty to keep this game reasonably playable.
    It's quite obvious that bad servers and sloppy programming are the cause of many problems we're experiencing.

Honestly, if you couldn't play for the entirety of the 3rd act and missed the Rail Yard because of this (and you are sure that it's not primarily a problem with your device) I would bug EA and - very friendly, but firmly - ask them to credit you with enough donuts to buy the Rail Yard in your game. Or, at the very least, to give you enough donuts so that the Rail Yard becomes much more affordable for you.

Oh, and on a side note: If an item costs 400 donuts (i.e. 32 dollars!!), I don't think that is ever justifiable no matter what it does - but that's just my opinion... ;-) I mean, I remember buying entire full games for that price. What's more at 5 donuts per week it would take 80 weeks to earn the price back - that's what I would call a bad deal.
  • bud2046 wrote:
    KosmoPowers wrote:
    I was one of the many that couldn't take part in the third act of the monorail event. I reported it to EA support and was told I had two options, which many of you might know of. 1) Roll back the game to before the freezing started, ie. the entire Monorail event, losing all of my progress. 2) Wait it out for the next update to see if they fix the issue.
    I waited for the update and expressed my annoyance with (surprisingly an American) support member, who seemed sympathetic. I mentioned to him that I really wanted to get Sebastian Cobb and the Rail Yard. Looking over the forums, it looks like a lot of you were able to get quite far in getting him, but for me who had no opportunity to gather bells and whistles, he costs 400 BATD@MN DONUTS. Had I been able to get the f*&$ing app to load, I'd have had no trouble getting him. Now I can't continue building my Monorail without forking out cash for an error on their part.

:evil:
    This past month has really pist me off.

Honestly, I completely understand your frustration - what I don't understand is when people defend the EA for the horrible bug and glitch fest they have been celebrating at the players' expense the past few months.

As we all know, the Monorail event was particularly bad with tons of problems and glitches that were completely unpredictable and affected players in many different ways. So, even though a better device might help and memory issues on your end might have played a role, in the end it is EA's duty to keep this game reasonably playable.
    It's quite obvious that bad servers and sloppy programming are the cause of many problems we're experiencing.

Honestly, if you couldn't play for the entirety of the 3rd act and missed the Rail Yard because of this (and you are sure that it's not primarily a problem with your device) I would bug EA and - very friendly, but firmly - ask them to credit you with enough donuts to buy the Rail Yard in your game. Or, at the very least, to give you enough donuts so that the Rail Yard becomes much more affordable for you.

Oh, and on a side note: If an item costs 400 donuts (i.e. 32 dollars!!), I don't think that is ever justifiable no matter what it does - but that's just my opinion... ;-) I mean, I remember buying entire full games for that price. What's more at 5 donuts per week it would take 80 weeks to earn the price back - that's what I would call a bad deal.

Now don't get me wrong here, I'm as angry with EA as the next person especially after they ruined battlefield 4 by penalising european players who play on their clans American servers in an effort to please scrubs who can't even kill an easy target. Hence why i refuse to spend my money on anything EA owns such as donuts for this game. I agree the bugs doesn't have to be universal, i also agree it sucks to not be able to participate in an even after trying everything to fix it

I do stand by my assertion that the rail yard price can be justified for the reason i mentioned above, if you disagree please do share your opinion, I'll be more than happy to read it.